Napoli, Beltre help Rangers down AngelsJul 22, 2012 - 12:17 AM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - Mike Napoli homered twice, Adrian Beltre punctuated a five-run second inning with a two-run homer and the Texas Rangers posted a 9-2 win over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Yu Darvish (11-6) tossed seven solid innings for the Rangers, who avoided a third straight defeat. Darvish gave up two runs on three hits, walked four and struck out 11.
Winless since mid-June, the woes continued for Los Angeles' Ervin Santana (4-10). He was tagged for six runs on eight hits while recording just five outs. It marked the second time in three outings that he failed to make it out of the second inning.
"They jumped on every pitch I threw early," Santana said. "I'm having better bullpen sessions, but it's not carrying over to the game."
Santana allowed three first-inning singles, with Michael Young's two-out base hit giving the Rangers a 1-0 lead.
Things got worse for the LA right-hander as the visitors erupted for five runs in the next frame. Santana surrendered three home runs, including back-to-back shots by Napoli and Yorvit Torrealba to begin the frame.
Craig Gentry and Ian Kinsler then produced another run with consecutive doubles, and Beltre chased Santana from the game with his two-out blast to center field.
Napoli added another solo homer off David Carpenter in the third.
Mike Trout put the Angels on the board with an RBI single in the home third and scored on a base hit by Torii Hunter two innings later.
Kinsler launched a two-run homer to left field in the eighth to put the Rangers up 9-2.
"We have a lot of guys that can drive the ball. We had a good team win today," Napoli said.
Trout tied an AL rookie and Angels club record by scoring at least one run in 13 straight games...The Rangers reinstated Torrealba from the restricted list and optioned catcher Luis Martinez to Triple-A Round Rock prior to Saturday's contest. Torrealba, who went 3-for-5, had been out of action while his wife was giving birth. He was originally placed on the paternity list, then moved to the restricted list on Friday...The Angels are now winless in Santana's last five starts.
- TEXAS: 9
LOS ANGELES: 2
Jul 21 7:22 PM
- Ian Kinsler none-out, two-run Home Run (11) to left scored Craig Gentry. Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 9, Angels 2 Top 8, 0 OutsJul 21 6:51 PM
- Torii Hunter single to right scored Mike Trout. Runner on first with two out and Albert Pujols due up.
Rangers 7, Angels 2 Bot 5, 2 OutsJul 21 5:50 PM
- Mike Trout single to center scored Erick Aybar. On the play, John Hester advances to second. Runners on first and second with none out and Torii Hunter due up.
Rangers 7, Angels 1 Bot 3, 0 OutsJul 21 5:13 PM
- Mike Napoli one-out, solo Home Run 2 (14) to center. Yorvit Torrealba due up.
Rangers 7, Angels 0 Top 3, 1 OutJul 21 5:01 PM
- Adrian Beltre two-out, two-run Home Run (18) to left-center scored Ian Kinsler. Michael Young due up.
Rangers 6, Angels 0 Top 2, 2 OutsJul 21 4:39 PM
- Ian Kinsler double to left scored Craig Gentry. Runner on second with none out and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 4, Angels 0 Top 2, 0 OutsJul 21 4:33 PM
- Yorvit Torrealba lead-off Home Run (3) to center. Craig Gentry due up.
Rangers 3, Angels 0 Top 2, 0 OutsJul 21 4:30 PM
- Mike Napoli lead-off Home Run (13) to right-center. Yorvit Torrealba due up.
Rangers 2, Angels 0 Top 2, 0 OutsJul 21 4:29 PM
- Michael Young single to right scored Elvis Andrus. On the play, Adrian Beltre advances to second. Runners on first and second with two out and Nelson Cruz due up.
Rangers 1, Angels 0 Top 1, 2 OutsJul 21 4:15 PM
- TEXAS: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 21 4:07 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22