Dodgers top GiantsMay 10, 2012 - 6:08 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Tony Gwynn Jr. hit a pinch-hit three-run triple on Wednesday and the Dodgers defeated the Giants, 6-2, in the finale of a three-game series.
Chad Billingsley allowed two runs in a four-inning start and Jamey Wright (2-2) tossed two perfect innings of relief to earn the win.
Juan Uribe had an RBI single, a double and a two runs scored for Los Angeles, which took two of three in this series to improve to 20-11 on the season.
Tim Lincecum (2-3) gave up four runs on eight hits while striking out eight over five innings to take the loss. He added and RBI single for San Francisco, which has lost nine of its last 15 games.
Lincecum drove home Joaquin Arias with a two-out infield single in the second and Buster Posey added an RBI single in the third, but the Dodgers went ahead for good in the fourth.
Andre Ethier led off with a double, moved to third on Bobby Abreu's single and scored on Uribe's base hit. A.J. Ellis then worked a one-out walk to load the bases and Billingsley was replaced by Gwynn, who ripped a triple to right for a 4-2 lead.
"I was blessed to come up in a big spot," said Gwynn. "Tim left it up and I was able to find a spot for it."
In the sixth, pinch-hitter Scott Van Slyke singled up the middle for his first career hit on the heels of Ellis' three-bagger and James Loney followed Uribe's leadoff double in the eighth with an RBI single to cap the scoring.
"Tim had good stuff and then in the fourth he made mistakes and got the ball up," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy. "It's too bad because he had good stuff tonight."
Prior to Wednesday, the Dodgers had lost all three of their rubber matches this season, while the Giants were a perfect 4-0...Lincecum has dropped his last four decision to the Dodgers.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 2
LOS ANGELES: 6
May 10 1:28 AM
- James Loney single to center scored Juan Uribe. Runner on first with none out and A.J. Ellis due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 6 Bot 8, 0 OutsMay 10 1:04 AM
- Pinch-Hitter Scott Van Slyke single to center scored A.J. Ellis. Runner on first with one out and Dee Gordon due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 5 Bot 6, 1 OutMay 10 12:24 AM
- Pinch-Hitter Tony Gwynn Jr. triple to right scored Bobby Abreu, Juan Uribe and A.J. Ellis. Runner on third with one out and Dee Gordon due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 4 Bot 4, 1 OutMay 9 11:49 PM
- Juan Uribe infield single to third scored Andre Ethier. On the play, Bobby Abreu advances to second. Runners on first and second with none out and James Loney due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 1 Bot 4, 0 OutsMay 9 11:39 PM
- Buster Posey single to left scored Melky Cabrera. Runner on first with one out and Brandon Belt due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 0 Top 3, 1 OutMay 9 11:07 PM
- Tim Lincecum infield single to short scored Joaquin Arias. On the play, Brandon Crawford advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Gregor Blanco due up.
Giants 1, Dodgers 0 Top 2, 2 OutsMay 9 10:52 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 9 10:11 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22