Bay, Mariners snap eight-game losing streak in extrasMay 27, 2013 - 4:10 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Jason Bay drove in the game-winning run in the 13th inning as the Seattle Mariners snapped an eight-game losing streak with a 4-3 win over the Texas Rangers.
With two outs and a runner on third, Bay delivered a single to left off Ross Wolf to score Kendrys Morales, who knocked a double off Michael Kirkman (0-1) earlier in the inning.
"It feels great. Not just for me but for everybody. That was a big sigh of relief for a lot of people," Bay said of the win.
Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma pitched eight innings, giving up two runs on five hits while fanning eight. Yoervis Medina (1-0) threw 1 2/3 scoreless innings to pick up the win.
Morales also had a two-run homer, while Raul Ibanez delivered a solo shot in the victory.
Jurickson Profar had a solo home run while Leonys Martin and A.J. Pierzynski drove in one run apiece for the Rangers. Starter Nick Tepesch allowed two runs on five hits and a walk over 5 2/3 innings.
"Any time you lose -- especially when you go to extra innings -- it's difficult but they took it from us," Rangers manager Ron Washington said.
Texas scored a run in each of the first two innings. Profar led off the game with a home run and Martin hit a sacrifice fly in the second that plated Nelson Cruz.
The Mariners finally scored in the sixth. Kyle Seager knocked a double to begin the frame, setting up Morales' two-run blast two batters later.
In the top of the 11th, Pierzynski smashed a pinch-hit RBI single off Oliver Perez, but Ibanez responded with a solo homer against Joe Nathan in the home half.
The Rangers had a chance to score in the top of the 13th. Elvis Andrus drew a leadoff walk, advanced to second on a grounder by Martin and stole third. Medina then intentionally walked Pierzynski, but was able to strike out Profar and get David Murphy to ground out to squander the opportunity.
Texas' Lance Berkman went 0-for-5 with four strikeouts ... Ibanez has seven home runs and 16 RBI over his last 11 games ... Morales went 3-for-6 and has a hit in 17-of-19 games in May ... Seattle's Tom Wilhelmsen was perfect in two innings of relief. Right-handed hitters are 0-for-33 against him this season ... The Mariners were 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
- ankush deol <a href="https://www.telcan.com/Features_India_calling_card.aspx">calls from uk to india</a>
Telcan.com offers a full range of account features designed to make long-distance calling as convenient and economical as possible.
We think that makes us the smart choice for making long distance and international calls.<a href="https://www.telcan.com/App_iPhone.aspx">voip to india</a>
Rangers 3, Mariners 4 Final/13May 30 8:07 AM
- TEXAS: 3
May 26 8:25 PM
- Jason Bay single to left scored Kendrys Morales to end the game.
Rangers 3, Mariners 4 Bot 13, 2 OutsMay 26 8:21 PM
- Raul Ibanez lead-off Home Run (9) to right. Kendrys Morales due up.
Rangers 3, Mariners 3 Bot 11, 0 OutsMay 26 7:23 PM
- Pinch-Hitter A.J. Pierzynski single to left scored Elvis Andrus. Runner on first with one out and Jurickson Profar due up.
Rangers 3, Mariners 2 Top 11, 1 OutMay 26 7:15 PM
- Kendrys Morales one-out, two-run Home Run (6) to center scored Kyle Seager. Michael Morse due up.
Rangers 2, Mariners 2 Bot 6, 1 OutMay 26 5:50 PM
- Leonys Martin sacrifice fly to center scored Nelson Cruz. Runner on second with two out and Leury Garcia due up.
Rangers 2, Mariners 0 Top 2, 2 OutsMay 26 4:35 PM
- Jurickson Profar lead-off Home Run (1) to right. David Murphy due up.
Rangers 1, Mariners 0 Top 1, 0 OutsMay 26 4:14 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 26 4:11 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Mariners place Marte on 15-day DL, recall Taylor May 22
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21