Buehrle, Jays crush slumping RangersJun 15, 2013 - 2:34 AM Arlington, TX (Sports Network) - Mark Buehrle tossed seven scoreless innings and Colby Rasmus belted a three-run homer in the Toronto Blue Jays' 8-0 rout of the scuffling Texas Rangers in the second meeting of a four-game series.
Buehrle (3-4) scattered four hits and a walk while fanning seven and has seen his ERA fall from 5.42 to 4.66 over his last two starts.
J.P. Arencibia added a solo homer, Adam Lind went 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI and Edwin Encarnacion hit a pair of doubles and crossed the plate twice in the Blue Jays' third straight victory.
The Rangers have dropped a season-high four straight and have totaled just five runs during the slide. They did not record an extra-base hit Friday and have not had a starting pitcher earn a winning decision all month.
Justin Grimm (5-5) was the latest to come up on the losing end, as he was touched for all seven runs on 10 hits over 7 2/3 innings.
Grimm was cruising until Encarnacion reached him for a leadoff double in the fourth. Lind followed with a single, and Rasmus cleared the bags when he launched a pitch over the right-field wall with his 11th home run of the season.
Arencibia made it 4-0 with his shot over the left-field fence two batters later, and the Blue Jays kept padding their lead.
Lind singled home Encarnacion in the fifth, Emilio Bonifacio scored on a Melky Cabrera groundout in the seventh and Lind came around from first on Maicer Izturis' double into the right-field corner in the eighth.
Munenori Kawasaki tripled and scored on Rajai Davis' sacrifice fly in the ninth to account for the final score.
Buehrle was pulled after throwing 100 pitches, and Aaron Loup picked up right where the fellow southpaw left off by tossing a 1-2-3 eighth.
Darren Oliver capped the shutout and the brisk two-hour, eight-minute affair by getting Lance Berkman to hit into a double play.
The Blue Jays have won three consecutive road games for the first time this year ... Encarnacion has a 10-game hitting streak ... Buehrle picked up his first win in seven road starts this season and improved to 13-5 in his career against the Rangers ... Texas' starters had received 2.23 runs of support per nine innings in June coming into the game ... Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus was ejected by home plate umpire Eric Cooper after striking out looking in the sixth.
- TORONTO: 8
Jun 14 10:17 PM
- Rajai Davis sacrifice fly out to left scored Munenori Kawasaki with two outs. None on and Jose Bautista due up.
Blue Jays 8, Rangers 0 Top 9, 2 OutsJun 14 10:11 PM
- Maicer Izturis double to right scored Colby Rasmus with two outs. Runner on second and J.P. Arencibia due up.
Blue Jays 7, Rangers 0 Top 8, 2 OutsJun 14 9:53 PM
- Melky Cabrera ground out to first scored Emilio Bonifacio with two outs. None on and Jose Bautista due up.
Blue Jays 6, Rangers 0 Top 7, 2 OutsJun 14 9:35 PM
- KingHockeyMan Texas Rangers should be beating these Toronto Blue Jays. Baseball is one tough luck sport to bet on, pick from, or choose. All the other US sports, NHL, NFL, NBA play single games & not series. Again, as soon as the NHL & NBA Playoffs are done, ..so am I till the NFL starts up in early September! ..Ggrrrrr puss-y ball!!!
Blue Jays 5, Rangers 0 End 5Jun 14 9:17 PM
- Adam Lind single to left scored Edwin Encarnacion with two outs. On the play, Lind out at second on the throw left to second to end the inning.
Blue Jays 5, Rangers 0 Mid 5Jun 14 9:11 PM
- J.P. Arencibia one-out, solo Home Run (13) to left center. Emilio Bonifacio due up.
Blue Jays 4, Rangers 0 Top 4, 1 OutJun 14 8:53 PM
- Colby Rasmus none-out, three-run Home Run (11) to right scored Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind. Maicer Izturis due up.
Blue Jays 3, Rangers 0 Top 4, 0 OutsJun 14 8:50 PM
- TORONTO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 14 8:08 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Blue Jays-Yankees Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22