Lalli lifts Brewers past GiantsApr 18, 2013 - 4:15 AM
Santiago Casilla (1-1) served up a single to Jonathan Lucroy to start the frame, but Alex Gonzalez was unable to move pinch-runner Josh Prince to second when he popped up a bunt to Brandon Belt in foul territory.
Carlos Gomez reached on an infield single and both runners advanced a base on Brandon Crawford's throwing error. Yuniesky Betancourt was intentionally walked to load the bases before Lalli ended it with a long single over the head of Gregor Blanco in left.
"I definitely was looking to swing and be aggressive," Lalli said. "Anytime you're in that situation, it's fun."
Milwaukee starter Kyle Lohse retired the first 14 batters he faced before walking Brandon Belt in the fifth. He lost his no-hit bid in the sixth when Crawford led off the inning with a single.
"He was on his game today, he was really sharp," Giants right fielder Hunter Pence said of Lohse.
Overall, Lohse surrendered three runs on six hits and a walk over seven frames, while Betancourt smacked a solo homer and added a sacrifice fly for the Brewers, who have won three straight games.
Jim Henderson (2-0) spun a scoreless top of the ninth to pick up the win.
Starter Ryan Vogelsong allowed three runs on five hits and two walks over seven innings for San Francisco, which has dropped back-to-back contests following a 6-1 stretch.
The Brewers jumped out to a 3-0 lead after plating a run in the third and two more in the fifth.
Betancourt led off the third with a solo shot over the wall in left-center. Alex Gonzalez doubled down the left-field line to begin the fifth before scoring on Gomez's triple to right. Gomez came home on Betancourt's sac fly to right.
The Giants, though, plated three in the sixth to tie it.
After Crawford's single, he moved to second on Vogelsong's sacrifice bunt. Angel Pagan then grounded a base hit through the hole on the right side to plate Crawford before back-to-back singles by Marco Scutaro and Pablo Sandoval loaded the bases. After Buster Posey struck out, Pence brought home Pagan and Scutaro with a base hit back up the middle.
Pence has 10 RBI on the year ... Lohse gave up five hits in the sixth ... The Brewers were 2-for-4 with runners in scoring position, while San Francisco finished 3-for-7 with RISP.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 3
Apr 17 11:12 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Blake Lalli single to left scored Josh Prince to end the game.
Giants 3, Brewers 4 Bot 9, 1 OutApr 17 11:08 PM
- Hunter Pence single to center scored Angel Pagan and Marco Scutaro with two out. On the play, Pablo Sandoval advances to third. Runners on first and third and Brandon Belt due up.
Giants 3, Brewers 3 Top 6, 2 OutsApr 17 9:54 PM
- Angel Pagan single to right scored Brandon Crawford with one out. Runner on first and Marco Scutaro due up.
Giants 1, Brewers 3 Top 6, 1 OutApr 17 9:44 PM
- Yuniesky Betancourt sacrifice fly to right scored Carlos Gomez with one out. None on with and Kyle Lohse due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 3 Bot 5, 1 OutApr 17 9:34 PM
- Carlos Gomez triple to right scored Alex Gonzalez with none out. Runner on third and Yuniesky Betancourt due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 2 Bot 5, 0 OutsApr 17 9:31 PM
- Yuniesky Betancourt lead-off Home Run (2) to center. Kyle Lohse due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 1 Bot 3, 0 OutsApr 17 8:51 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 17 8:10 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Cain, Posey lead Giants over Cubs 5-3 May 22
- Lester goes just 2 2/3 innings in Cubs' 5-3 loss to Giants May 21
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21