Brewers sweep GiantsApr 18, 2013 - 10:15 PM
Ryan Braun and Jonathan Lucroy also smacked two-run homers for the Brewers, who recorded their first sweep of the Giants since July 18-20, 2008. Yuniesky Betancourt added an RBI.
Gallardo (1-1), who was arrested for drunk driving early Tuesday morning, gave up five hits while striking out six.
"He had something to prove," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said of Gallardo. "He wasn't happy with what happened a few days ago. He wanted to do whatever he could to pitch well."
Brandon Crawford hit a solo homer for San Francisco, which went 3-4 on a seven-game road trip. Brandon Belt had an RBI.
Matt Cain (0-2) got rocked over six innings, allowing seven runs on seven hits. The right-hander gave up all three Milwaukee homers.
"We had trouble keeping the ball in the ballpark this series," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said.
The Brewers scored all seven of their runs over the first three innings. In the first, Jean Segura hit a one-out single and scored on Braun's homer to left.
Milwaukee tacked on three more runs in the second. Carlos Gomez was hit by a pitch before stealing second and scoring on Betancourt's single to left. Gallardo followed with a blast that cleared the left-center field wall, making it 5-0.
The home team continued to dominate Cain in the third. Rickie Weeks hit a one- out single and crossed the plate on Lucroy's homer to left.
San Francisco, which left at least one runner on base through the first three frames, got on the board in the fourth. Crawford led off with a double, moved to third on Nick Noonan's fly ball to center and scored on Belt's sacrifice fly.
Crawford homered off Alfredo Figaro in the ninth to account for the final margin.
Gallardo, who hit his 11th career homer, improved to 6-3 lifetime against the Giants ... Cain fell to 3-6 in his career against Milwaukee ... The Giants went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and stranded seven.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 2
Apr 18 3:59 PM
- Brandon Crawford lead-off Home Run (3) to right. Nick Noonan due up.
Giants 2, Brewers 7 Top 9, 0 OutsApr 18 3:51 PM
- Brandon Belt sacrifice fly to center scored Brandon Crawford. None on with two outs and Hector Sanchez due up.
Giants 1, Brewers 7 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 18 2:24 PM
- Jonathan Lucroy one-out, two-run Home Run (2) to left scored Rickie Weeks. Alex Gonzalez due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 7 Bot 3, 1 OutApr 18 2:13 PM
- Yovani Gallardo one-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left center scored Yuniesky Betancourt. Norichika Aoki due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 5 Bot 2, 1 OutApr 18 1:48 PM
- Yuniesky Betancourt singled to left scored Carlos Gomez. Runner on first with one out and Yovani Gallardo due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 3 Bot 2, 1 OutApr 18 1:47 PM
- Ryan Braun one-out, two-run Home Run (3) to left scored Jean Segura. Rickie Weeks due up.
Giants 0, Brewers 2 Bot 1, 1 OutApr 18 1:24 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 18 1:10 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Cain, Posey lead Giants over Cubs 5-3 May 22
- Lester goes just 2 2/3 innings in Cubs' 5-3 loss to Giants May 21
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21