Dodgers beat struggling GiantsJun 26, 2013 - 6:02 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Hanley Ramirez went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer to lead the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 6-5 win over the San Francisco Giants in the second of a three-game set at Dodger Stadium.
Mark Ellis also had two hits and a two-run homer. Tim Federowicz drove in a run for the Dodgers, winners in a season-high four straight.
Los Angeles outfielder Matt Kemp returned to the lineup after being out since May 29 with a right hamstring strain. He went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
Stephen Fife (2-2) gave up three runs on four hits -- two homers -- over 6 2/3 innings to earn the win.
Brandon Belt went 3-for-4 with a homer and two RBI, Andres Torres drove in a pair and Buster Posey smacked a solo homer for the Giants, who have dropped five of six.
Mike Kickham (0-2) was tagged for six runs -- five earned -- on eight hits over 5 1/3 innings to absorb the loss.
"I felt good, but the ball started going up and they made me pay for it. This is not where I want to be, but there was definitely improvement from my last start," Kickham said.
Ellis' two-run shot put the Dodgers up 2-0 in the third inning.
The Giants, though, scored one run in the fourth and fifth innings to tie things up.
In the fourth, Posey cracked a solo shot to left field to make it 2-1.
Hunter Pence opened the fifth with a base hit, moved to second on Belt's infield single before taking third on Fife's wild pitch. Torres then grounded out to second, but it was enough to plate pence to tie the game.
Los Angeles broke the game open with a four-run sixth. Adrian Gonzalez doubled before Ramirez belted his two-run blast over the wall in left field. Kemp and Andre Ethier hit back-to-back single to put two on with one out. Federowicz then singled home Kemp to put the Dodgers up 6-2.
Belt's homer in the seventh made it 6-3.
Brandon League, who had been stripped of his closer's duties nearly two weeks ago, came on in the ninth inning to nail down the win, but immediately ran into trouble. Pence opened the frame with a single then scored on Belt's double to right. Torres followed with an RBI base hit to make it 6-5 with no outs.
Paco Rodriguez was called in from the bullpen to replace League and gave up a base hit to put two runners on. After retiring the next two hitters, Marco Scutaro drove a hanging-slider deep to center field. Kemp, though, tracked the ball down and made a spectacular catch on the warning to seal the win.
"Scutaro hit it pretty good. He usually doesn't drive it like that, but I was able to catch it," Kemp said. "I am excited to be back with the team, it feels good."
It was Rodriguez's first-career save.
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig was held hitless for just the fourth time this season. Over 21 games, Puig is batting .442 with seven homers and 14 RBI ... Ramirez has hit safely in eight-straight games ... San Francisco was 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position ... Pence went 2-for-4 with two runs scored in the setback.
- SAN FRANCISCO: 5
LOS ANGELES: 6
Jun 26 1:16 AM
- Andres Torres single to right scored Brandon Belt with none out. Runner on first with none out and Brandon Crawford due up.
Giants 5, Dodgers 6 Top 9, 0 OutsJun 26 1:01 AM
- Brandon Belt double to right center scored Hunter Pence with none out. Runner on second with none out and Andres Torres due up.
Giants 4, Dodgers 6 Top 9, 0 OutsJun 26 12:57 AM
- Brandon Belt one-out, solo Home Run (8) to right. Andres Torres due up.
Giants 3, Dodgers 6 Top 7, 1 OutJun 26 12:07 AM
- Jake Dunning throwing error scored Andre Ethier with two out. Runner on second with two outs and Stephen Fife at the plate.
Giants 2, Dodgers 6 Bot 6, 2 OutsJun 26 12:04 AM
- Tim Federowicz single to left scored Matt Kemp with one out. On the play, Andre Ethier advances to second. Runners on first and second with one out and Nick Punto due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 5 Bot 6, 1 OutJun 26 12:00 AM
- Hanley Ramirez one-out, two-run Home Run (5) to left scored Adrian Gonzalez. Matt Kemp due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 4 Bot 6, 1 OutJun 25 11:52 PM
- Andres Torres groundout to second scored Hunter Pence with one out. On the play, Brandon Belt advances to third. Runner on third with one out and Brandon Crawford due up.
Giants 2, Dodgers 2 Top 5, 1 OutJun 25 11:16 PM
- Buster Posey two-out, solo Home Run (9) to left. Pablo Sandoval due up.
Giants 1, Dodgers 2 Top 4, 2 OutsJun 25 11:02 PM
- Mark Ellis two-out, two-run Home Run (4) to left scored Tim Federowicz. Yasiel Puig due up.
Giants 0, Dodgers 2 Bot 3, 2 OutsJun 25 10:53 PM
- SAN FRANCISCO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 25 10:11 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22