Uribe, Dodgers rout GiantsJul 6, 2013 - 7:18 AM San Francisco, CA (Sports Network) - Juan Uribe homered and tied a career-high with seven RBI against his former team as the Los Angeles Dodgers pounded the light-hitting Giants, 10-2, to deal San Francisco its 10th loss in 11 games.
Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-3) allowed four hits and a pair of runs over 6 2/3 innings, as the Dodgers posted their 11th win in 13 games. Ryu, who went 0-1 over his previous five starts, won for the first time since May 28 against the Angels.
Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp, who left the game with left shoulder AC joint irritation, is listed as day to day. Kemp was pinch-hit for by Carl Crawford in the third inning.
"The fact that it's an AC joint is a lot better than what it could have been," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "The last time we did this it was a couple of days and he should be ready to roll."
It was another night of struggles at the plate for the Giants, who went 1- for-10 with runners in scoring position. They are just 3-for-40 (.075) in these situations in their last eight games.
Matt Cain (5-5) was shelled for six hits and eight runs and four walks over 2 1/3 innings. He won his previous five decisions over an 11-start span against the Dodgers.
"When things aren't going right, everybody wants to be that guy to get something going," Cain said. "We just need to find a way to get things going in the right way again and really get past what we're in right now."
Uribe, who spent the 2009 and '10 seasons in San Francisco and won a World Series with the team, hit a two-run double in the second inning, a three-run triple in the third and a two-run homer in the seventh. He had a chance for the cycle in the ninth, but couldn't hold up on a check swing of a low and outside pitch from Jake Dunning and struck out.
Hunter Pence knocked in a run with a grounder in the first inning, but the Dodgers went ahead in the second. With the bases loaded, Uribe doubled into the left field corner.
The Dodgers then sent 10 men to the plate in a six-run third. Hanley Ramirez extended his hitting streak to 16 games with an RBI single to score Yasiel Puig, who led off with a double.
A.J. Ellis hit an RBI single with the bases loaded, and Uribe followed with a triple to left field when Cole Gillespie failed to make a diving catch. Ryu singled to right off reliever George Kontos to make it 8-1.
Uribe homered to left-center with Ellis aboard in the top of the seventh.
Tony Abreu singled in Brandon Belt in the bottom of the same inning.
The Dodgers activated Crawford from the 15-day DL and optioned outfielder/first baseman Scott Van Slyke to Triple-A Albuquerque ... The Giants optioned outfielder Juan Perez to Fresno and purchased the contract of Gillespie from the Triple-A club ... The Dodgers have posted 13 or more hits in five consecutive games ... Orlando Hudson was the last Dodger to hit for the cycle, April 13, 2009 against the Giants ... Cain fell to 5-9 lifetime against the Dodgers ... Puig has a nine-game hitting streak ... The Dodgers have won eight of their last nine against NL West opponents and four in a row versus the Giants.
- Gregor Blanco struck out swinging to end the game.
Jul 6 1:38 AM
- Tony Abreu single to left scored Brandon Belt with two out. Runner on first and Gregor Blanco due up.
Dodgers 10, Giants 2 Bot 7, 2 OutsJul 6 12:58 AM
- Juan Uribe none-out, two-run Home Run (5) to left center scored A.J. Ellis. Hyun-Jin Ryu due up.
Dodgers 10, Giants 1 Top 7, 0 OutsJul 6 12:37 AM
- Hyun-Jin Ryu single to right scored Juan Uribe with one out. Runner on first and Mark Ellis due up.
Dodgers 8, Giants 1 Top 3, 1 OutJul 5 11:28 PM
- Juan Uribe triple to left scored Hanley Ramirez, Carl Crawford and A.J. Ellis with one out. Runner on third and Hyun-Jin Ryu due up.
Dodgers 7, Giants 1 Top 3, 1 OutJul 5 11:26 PM
- A.J. Ellis single to center scored Adrian Gonzalez with one out. On the play, Carl Crawford advanced to second and Hanley Ramirez advanced to third. Bases loaded and Juan Uribe due up.
Dodgers 4, Giants 1 Top 3, 1 OutJul 5 11:22 PM
- Hanley Ramirez single to center scored Yasiel Puig with none out. On the play, Adrian Gonzalez advanced to second. Runners on first and second and Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 3, Giants 1 Top 3, 0 OutsJul 5 11:12 PM
- Juan Uribe double to left scored Hanley Ramirez and Andre Ethier with one out. On the play, Matt Kemp advanced to third. Runners on second and third and Hyun-Jin Ryu due up.
Dodgers 2, Giants 1 Top 2, 1 OutJul 5 10:47 PM
- Hunter Pence reached first on a fielder's choice, short to second, that scored Andres Torres with two out. Buster Posey out at second as Marco Scutaro advanced to third. Runners on first and third and Brandon Belt due up.
Dodgers 0, Giants 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsJul 5 10:30 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
SAN FRANCISCO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 5 10:16 PM
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Solarte draws bases-loaded BB in 11th, Padres walk off again May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22