Lakers beat Spurs 101-89 without Bryant, BynumFeb 9, 2010 - 8:28 PM
LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Pau Gasol had 21 points and 19 rebounds to lead five players in double figures, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat the San Antonio Spurs 101-89 Monday night without injured Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum.
Bryant missed his second consecutive game with a sore left ankle, while Bynum sat out with a bruised right hip.
In their absences, the Lakers used a collective effort to win in their final home game before this weekend's All-Star break. Ron Artest added 18 points, Lamar Odom 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Jordan Farmar and Derek Fisher had 13 each.
Manu Ginobili scored 21 points, Tony Parker 20, Tim Duncan had 16 points and 15 rebounds and Antonio McDyess 12 rebounds for the Spurs, who have lost four in a row to the Lakers at Staples Center.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
SAN ANTONIO 34 13 21 21 89
LA LAKERS 28 22 23 28 101 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: SAS - MANU GINOBILI 21, TONY PARKER 20,
TIM DUNCAN 16
LAL - PAU GASOL 21, RON ARTEST 18,
LAMAR ODOM 16
Feb 9 1:14 AM
SAN ANTONIO 68
LA LAKERS 73 END, 3RD QTR
Feb 9 12:38 AM
SAN ANTONIO 47
LA LAKERS 50 HALFTIME
Feb 8 11:53 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13