Bucks upend Bulls 98-86Oct 11, 2009 - 3:24 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Hakim Warrick had 13 points and eight rebounds to lead the Milwaukee Bucks to a 98-86 win over the Chicago Bulls in an exhibition game on Saturday night.
Carlos Delfino converted a four-point play and hit a long 3-pointer in the third quarter to help the Bucks build a 75-59 lead.
Chicago went on an 11-0 run spanning the third and fourth quarters to pull within 75-70, but Ersan Ilyasova hit a 3-pointer from the left wing and set up Luc Mbah a Moute's three-point play with about 9 minutes to go in the fourth quarter to make it 81-70.
It was the first win for the Bucks (1-2) and first loss for the Bulls (2-1).
Delfino and Andrew Bogut each added 12 points for the Bucks.
Kirk Hinrich and Jannero Pargo scored 13 each for Chicago. First-round picks James Johnson (14 points) and Taj Gibson (12) added to the balanced scoring. The Bulls hit 31 of 37 free throws.
Milwaukee entered the game having allowed an average of 115 points in the first two games, but held Chicago to 40 percent shooting and forced 25 turnovers.
It took the Bulls more than half of the first quarter to make a basket, allowing Milwaukee to jump out to a 14-4 lead.
Chicago's Derrick Rose sat out a second consecutive game with a sprained ankle. Milwaukee's Michael Redd played all 12 minutes in the first quarter and scored five points before getting the rest of the night off. He missed the final 35 games last season with torn knee ligaments.
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
GOLDEN STATE 20 31 51
PHOENIX 27 24 51 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
GSW - ANTHONY MORROW 15, ANTHONY MORROW 15,
TWO PLAYERS WITH 11
PHO - GRANT HILL 16, GRANT HILL 16, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 12
NBA FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- ----
Oct 10 10:59 PM
MILWAUKEE 75 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 10 10:24 PM
MILWAUKEE 51 HALFTIME
Oct 10 9:42 PM
MILWAUKEE 23 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 10 9:06 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13