Pacers 112, Nuggets 128Oct 11, 2009 - 4:50 PM BEIJING (AP) - Carmelo Anthony scored 45 points to lead the Denver Nuggets to a 128-112 win over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday, splitting the NBA preseason series between the two in Asia.
Playing at the same Wukesong Arena where he helped the United States win gold at last year's Beijing Olympics, Anthony made 14 of 19 field goals and 16 of 17 free throws and put away the Pacers with a 17 point third quarter.
Nene added 21 for the Nuggets, Kenyon Martin scored 12 points and J.R. Smith finished with 10 points.
Indiana's second-year center Roy Hibbert led the Pacers with 21 points, with 20 coming in the first half. Brandon Rush added 14 and Troy Murphy scored 11.
Indiana opened the Asian tour with a 126-104 defeat of Denver on Thursday in the Taiwanese capital Taipei and extended that form into the first quarter Sunday, when they led 33-29 after a quarter, but the Nuggets dominated from then on.
DENVER 128 FINAL
Oct 11 2:32 AM
DENVER 97 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 11 1:59 AM
DENVER 58 HALFTIME
Oct 11 1:13 AM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2