NBA Game Summary - New Orleans at HoustonNov 4, 2010 - 5:53 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Chris Paul finished with 25 points and eight assists and Marco Belinelli added 18 points as the New Orleans Hornets remained undefeated, topping the Houston Rockets, 107-99, at Toyota Center.
Emeka Okafor and David West added 15 and 13 points, respectively, while Jason Smith added 14 points and nine assists in a reserve role for New Orleans, which improved to 4-0.
Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin both finished with 18 points for Houston, which remains winless in four attempts this season. Luis Scola had a game-high 16 rebounds and contributed nine points in the loss.
Yao Ming and Chase Budinger both contributed 15 points for the Rockets.
"I think guys are trying to do too much. They're trying to make plays they shouldn't be making. They're trying too hard to make something happen," Rockets head coach Rick Adelman said. "We hurt ourselves more than we help ourselves. "
Paul scored 13 of his points in the fourth quarter when the Hornets shot 54.5 percent, 12-of-22, from the field and held off a couple of Houston surges.
Budinger hit a three pointer with 9:20 remaining to give Houston a 78-77 lead. Smith then rattled off two jumpers to regain the lead for New Orleans.
The Rockets kept it close, tying the game at 91, with a Scola hook shot under three minutes to play. Paul hit a turnaround jumper on the next possession that began a 16-8 run that included 4-of-4 from the field and 8-of-8 from the line to close out the victory.
"If we come out and run our game plan, we have a chance to win every game," a confident Paul said.
The teams were tied at 28 after the opening 12 minutes of play. Martin had 11 points on 3-of-6 from the field to lead the Houston offense.
Neither team shot well in the second, as New Orleans went 4-of-19 from the floor while Houston made only 8-of-25. However, the Rockies held a six point, 49-43, lead heading into the locker room.
Belinelli contributed 11 of his points in the third, on 4-of-6 from the field, to give New Orleans a 73-71 advantage lead heading into the fourth quarter.
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28