NBA Game Summary - LA Lakers at SacramentoNov 4, 2010 - 5:42 AM Sacramento Kings.
Bryant recorded his first triple-double since January 21, 2009 with 30 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds while becoming the team's all-time minutes played leader, as the Lakers improved to 5-0 for the second time in three seasons.
Coming into the game one minute behind Hall of Fame member Kareem Abdul- Jabbar, Bryant played 37 minutes to surpass Abdul-Jabbar's 37,491 minutes as a Laker.
Pau Gasol added 22 points and 11 boards, while Lamar Odom had 18 points and eight rebounds in the victory.
Tyreke Evans had 21 points to lead a balanced scoring attack for the Kings, who had won three of their first four games to start the season. Carl Landry, Beno Udrih and Francisco Garcia each scored 17 in defeat.
Sacramento held a 43-38 lead four minutes into the second quarter, but a rare four-point play by Bryant quickly cut the Lakers' deficit to one. Odom's driving layup with 4:51 until halftime put Los Angeles ahead for good, and a 15-7 half-ending burst gave the visitors a 62-53 edge.
Bryant had six points during the spurt, and Matt Barnes' layup as time expired gave the Lakers the nine-point advantage.
The Kings failed to score for nearly a four-minute stretch in the beginning of the third quarter, during which the Lakers scored 11 straight points. Gasol's two free throws with 6 1/2 minutes left made it a 77-59 contest, and it was 92-78 heading to the fourth.
Sacramento never got closer than seven in the final 12 minutes of play.
The Lakers took a 35-33 lead after one quarter, but the Kings opened the second on a 10-3 run to grab a five-point lead on Udrih's jumper 3 1/2 minutes in.
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9