Barea helps Dallas down SixersNov 13, 2010 - 6:11 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Jose Barea finished with a game-high 19 points and Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion each finished 16 points as the Dallas Mavericks topped the Philadelphia 76ers, 99-90, at American Airlines Center.
Jason Terry contributed 13 points and Tyson Chandler added 11 points and 12 rebounds for Dallas, which has won three straight.
Thaddeus Young added 17 points in a reserve role and Spencer Hawes and Andres Nocioni each added 14 points for Philadelphia, which has lost two games after opening its five-game road trip with a win in New York.
Jrue Holiday finished with 11 points and 13 assists in the loss and Andre Iguodala added 13 points and seven rebounds in his first game back from a strained right Achilles tendon.
The Mavericks started the fourth quarter on a 10-2 run that gave them an 88-77 cushion with 8 1/2 remaining and led by as many as 14 down the stretch.
Barea contributed 12 of his points in the fourth quarter.
"Well I'm settling down a little bit and getting my rhythm," said Barea. "I was thinking too much when I was out there playing and then I just started playing my game."
Dallas shot 13-of-22 in the opening quarter to take a 31-22 lead after 12 minutes of play. Jason Kidd recorded his 11,000th career assist on a Chandler dunk at 9:51 in the first quarter.
Young added 13 points in the second quarter and the Sixers shot 11-of-21 from the field to hold the Mavericks to a 55-48 margin heading to the locker room.
The Sixers clawed back in the third and tied the game at 71 with a Holiday layup at 2:25. From there the Sixers countered each Dallas basket with one of their own. With the game tied at 75, Barea hit a jumper and Brendan Haywood hit one-of-two from the line to take a 78-75 margin into the fourth.
"Their size killed us," said Sixers head coach Doug Collins. "At the end of the day [it was] their size. Tyson Chandler and Brendan [Haywood] had 29 rebounds, 12 on the offensive backboards. So, that's a very, very good shooting team, and a very, very good offensive team, and they shoot 44 percemnt tonight and it was the second chance, the second shots, that just wore us down"
Kidd finished with 10 points and eight assists...Dallas has won four of the last five meetings...Haywood finished with six points and 17 rebounds for the Mavericks...Philadelphia shot 2-of-16 from beyond the arc.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5