Rose leads Bulls over Rockets in HoustonNov 17, 2010 - 7:50 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose had 12 points of a 15-0 run to start the fourth quarter which help Chicago rally past Houston, 95-92, at Toyota Center.
Rose finished with 33 points and seven assists for Chicago, which started a seven-game western road. Luol Deng added 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulls, who have won four straight games including Saturday's 103-96 win over Washington.
Luis Scola had 27 points and five rebounds while Brad Miller had 21 points for Houston, which saw its brief two-game win streak halted. Kevin Martin posted 18 points in the loss.
Rose hit three three-pointers during the fourth quarter rally which put Chicago up 81-71 with 7:37 left to play. He finished with 17 points in the final stanza.
"We're coming along. We'll take any win," Rose said. "It feels good, but we have a tough game tomorrow."
The Rockets snapped their scoring drought with 6:46 remaining when Martin found Miller down the lane for an easy layup. Miller then hit a three-pointer to make the score 81-76 and Scola hit a jumper to cut the deficit to six, 84-78 with 5:18 left.
But Rose carried Chicago the remainder the game when he drove down the lane and hit a reverse lay-up. Down the stretch, the Bulls secured the win on the free throw line, hitting 6-of-8 during the last 22.2 seconds of play.
"It was a hard-fought game by both teams," Martin said. I thought we had the game. We got it back and then gave it up again."
Houston jumped out to an 18-11 lead with help from a Shane Battier three- pointer and a Scola mid-range bank shot and carried a 26-19 advantage into the second quarter.
The Bulls charged back in the second and opened with a 10-2 run. Kyle Korver hit a three-pointer to start the run and Deng made a layup off a Korver steal as the Bulls took their first lead of the game with nine minutes left in the quarter.
Chicago saw its lead grow during the final minute of the half when Ronnie Brewer had a layup and Gibson hit a long jumper. Rose assisted on both shots and the visitors took a 49-41 lead into the intermission.
The Rockets knotted the game at 55 with 8:12 left in the third quarter when Scola snatched the ball away from Rose and drilled a jumper. The teams were tied three different times during the next four minutes, however the Rockets went on an 8-0 run for a 71-63 lead after 36 minutes of action.
The Bulls were without Carlos Boozer while Houston is still without Yao Ming...Chicago shot 66.7 percent (8-of-12) from the three-point line...The game had 13 lead changes...Battier had 11 points...Chicago's Joakim Noah had 12 points and nine rebounds, Brewer had 11 points and Korver added 10.
- CHICAGO: 95
Nov 16 11:07 PM
- CHICAGO: 63
End of Regulation
Nov 16 10:21 PM
- CHICAGO: 19
Nov 16 9:07 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 16 8:42 PM
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Curry to have MRI Monday on his sprained his right knee. Apr 24
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Apr 24