Sixers use hot fourth quarter to beat NetsNov 28, 2010 - 6:23 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Jrue Holiday paced the Philadelphia 76ers with 20 points and 13 assists en route to a 102-86 victory over the New Jersey Nets at Wells Fargo Center.
Andre Iguodala added 16 points and seven rebounds and Lou Williams scored 11 of his 15 points in a final quarter that saw Philadelphia shoot 15-of-19 from the field.
Elton Brand posted a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds, as the Sixers won for just the second time in their last 10 games.
Brook Lopez and Devin Harris netted 25 and 19 points, respectively, for the Nets, who have lost five of their last six -- all on the road.
"We couldn't score or defend in the fourth quarter, which has been a problem for us," said Nets coach Avery Johnson, whose club allowed Philadelphia to score 36 points in the final stanza.
The Sixers broke open a 66-all tie with a 10-2 run to start the final stanza. Thaddeus Young scored seven of his 13 points during the spurt, and Iguodala ended it with a three-pointer for a 76-68 advantage with nine minutes to go.
Lopez's bucket cut the margin to 78-74 near the seven-minute mark, but a Williams four-point play sparked a 12-2 flurry for the hosts. Tony Battie's jumper provided a 90-76 cushion with 4 1/2 minutes to go, and it was a double- digit contest the rest of the way.
"We had that big fourth quarter push and got the job done," Young said.
The Nets trailed 27-24 after the first quarter but used an 11-point run midway through the second to take the lead, 41-39, on a Harris three-pointer with 4 1/2 minutes left. New Jersey maintained a 48-46 lead at halftime.
Philadelphia took all four meetings from its Atlantic Division rival a season ago...The Sixers shot 51.2 percent overall, compared to 40.7 percent for the Nets...Kris Humphries pulled down a game-high 15 rebounds for New Jersey...Holiday tied his career high for assists.
- NEW JERSEY: 86
Nov 27 9:46 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 66
End of 3rd
Nov 27 9:17 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 48
Nov 27 8:36 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 24
End of 1st
Nov 27 8:05 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 27 7:40 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29