Martin and Battier lead Rockets past ThunderNov 29, 2010 - 3:32 AM
Kevin Durant missed a jump shot at the buzzer that could have won the game for Oklahoma City.
Kyle Lowry scored 14 points and Luis Scola added 13 for the Rockets, who have won two of three on the heels of a four-game losing streak.
Russell Westbrook led Oklahoma City with 23 points and a game-high 10 assists, while Durant scored 18. The Thunder lost for just the second time in eight games.
The Thunder trailed by six with a minute remaining in the game when Durant, double-teamed down low, kicked the ball out to Jeff Green for a three-pointer that pulled them within 99-96.
Battier missed a jumper at the other end and Oklahoma City got within a point on Westbrook's bucket inside 30 seconds.
After Lowry missed a 17-footer, Thabo Sefolosha grabbed the rebound for Oklahoma City with 3.1 seconds remaining.
Durant received the inbounds pass near the top of the key after a timeout and, with Battier in his face, missed from about 20 feet at the buzzer, ending the game and the Thunder's five-game winning streak on the road.
"If he had a chance to do that over again, he would have made it," said Thunder head coach Scott Brooks.
Durant, who was 7-of-18 from the field, credited Battier's defense, but was frustrated that he didn't hit the shot anyway.
"That was one of the plays you wish you could have back," he said.
The Rockets controlled the action early in front of a home Toyota Center crowd, going ahead by as many as 10 points on the way to a 33-25 lead at the end of the first quarter.
Their lead reached as high as 12 in the second quarter and was 50-42 at halftime behind 13 points from Martin. Houston carried a 77-71 advantage into the fourth.
The Thunder franchise has lost 11 consecutive games in Houston...The Rockets have won 21 of the last 25 meetings...Oklahoma City shot 49 percent in the game and Houston 45 percent.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 98
Nov 28 9:26 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 71
End of 3rd
Nov 28 8:47 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 42
Nov 28 8:08 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 25
End of 1st
Nov 28 7:35 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 28 7:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19