Granger leads Pacers over KingsDec 1, 2010 - 5:54 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Danny Granger poured in a season-high 37 points and added seven rebounds while Darren Collison supplied 17 points and six assists as Indiana downed Sacramento, 107-98 at ARCO Arena.
Roy Hibbert provided 16 points, eight boards and four assists for the Pacers, who have won the first two games on a four-game road trip to improve to 5-2 away from home.
Beno Udrih scored 24 points and rookie DeMarcus Cousins chipped in with 20 and eight rebounds for the Kings, who have dropped five in a row and 11 of their last 12 games.
Granger completed a four-point play that capped a 17-2 surge to begin the second half that gave the Pacers a 69-54 lead with just under 7 1/2 minutes to play in the third quarter.
The advantage grew to as many as 18 before the Kings scored the last seven points of the period to head into the final 12 minutes trailing 80-69.
Sacramento drew to within 90-83 before a Granger layup restored an 11-point cushion with three minutes to play.
Francisco Garcia drained a three-pointer to slice the margin to 99-93 with 1:34 to go but a Collison floater as the shot clock was winding down extended the lead back to eight and ended any hopes of a dramatic comeback.
Josh McRoberts, Collison and Grainger each sank two fouls shots in the final minute to seal the win.
Indiana scored the game's first six points before the Kings responded with 11 in a row. The lead was never more than three for either side over the final 4 1/2 minutes of the first quarter that ended with the Kings on top, 23-22.
The visitors held the biggest lead of the second quarter at 29-25 and the teams went to the intermission deadlocked at 52 as Granger buried a triple with 10 seconds remaining in the half.
Indiana opened its western swing with win over the Lakers on Sunday..They will visit Utah and Phoenix before heading home...Granger was 12-of-19 from the floor and 10-of-11 at the line...Hibbert made 8-of-13 shots...Udrih sank 9- of-12 from the floor while Cousins made 9-of-16 attempts...Sacramento's Samuel Dalembert pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds...Tyreke Evans scored 16 points and handed out a game-high nine assists in the loss...Indiana has won four of the past five meetings and five out of the last seven.
- INDIANA: 107
Dec 1 12:30 AM
- INDIANA: 80
End of 3rd
Nov 30 11:56 PM
- INDIANA: 52
Nov 30 11:13 PM
- INDIANA: 22
End of 1st
Nov 30 10:40 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 30 10:14 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5