Meeks, 76ers bounce back against CharlotteDec 5, 2010 - 5:07 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Jodie Meeks poured in career-high 26 points on 7-of-10 shooting from behind the arc, as the Philadelphia 76ers started strong and never trailed in a 109-91 victory over Charlotte.
Thaddeus Young chipped in 20 points, while Andre Iguodala and Jrue Holiday each went for 15 points and seven assists for a Sixers team one day removed from blowing an 18-point lead in Atlanta.
Elton Brand added 15 points and 10 boards in the win, Philadelphia's third in four games.
Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson paced the Bobcats with 19 and 18 points, respectively. Charlotte was also playing a back-to-back, having pulled out an overtime win against New Jersey on Friday.
Meeks came out of the gates on fire, hitting 6-of-7 from three-point range during a 20-point first quarter, including two deep makes during a 14-0 run that Brand capped for a 23-9 advantage with 4:17 remaining in the stanza.
"I'll do whatever I have to do to help the team get started off right, and tonight it was scoring," Meeks said. "My team did a good job of finding me. We got out to a big lead and we were able to hold it."
The Sixers led 32-16 after 12 minutes and continued to play front-runner throughout the half, which ended with the score, 56-45.
A Holiday slam 2:38 into the third quarter pushed the margin to 63-47, and it stayed double-digits throughout the frame.
The fourth quarter began with Philadelphia leading 85-67, and the Bobcats were content to empty their bench rather than stage a comeback.
"We couldn't guard them, one through five," Bobcats head coach Larry Brown said disgustedly.
Charlotte has dropped five straight on the road...The Sixers shot 51.9 percent from the field, compared to Charlotte's 42.9 percent effort...D.J. Augustin and Kwame Brown each scored 12 for the Bobcats.
- CHARLOTTE: 91
Dec 4 9:54 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 65
End of 3rd
Dec 4 9:21 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 45
Dec 4 8:36 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 16
End of 1st
Dec 4 8:05 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 4 7:41 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1