Robinson fills in nicely as Celtics win seventh straightDec 5, 2010 - 10:52 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Nate Robinson, starting in place of the injured Rajon Rondo, scored 21 points, grabbed six rebounds and handed out six assists as Boston dominated New Jersey, 100-75, at the Prudential Center.
Robinson made 8-of-12 shots, including 3-of-6 three-pointers, in 32 minutes filling in for Rondo, who was sidelined by a tight hamstring.
"The guys in the first unit are veterans and they know how to play the game," Robinson said about the opportunity to start. "Us younger guys try not to make mistakes and, at the same time, try to play 'Celtic basketball.' As we continue to grow and learn from the first unit, the second unit will gradually get better."
Kevin Garnett added 13 points and 14 boards, while Glen Davis supplied 16 points and nine boards off the bench for the Celtics, who won their seventh straight game.
Jordan Farmar scored 16 points, while Derrick Favors and Anthony Morrow added 10 apiece for the Nets, who have lost four in a row and six of their last seven games.
"Obviously, we had a tough night," Morrow said. "Any time you are playing at their pace, you are playing into their hands. We'll watch film and clean up our defensive mistakes and our offensive mistakes."
Boston made 11-of-19 from the floor in moving out to a 27-25 lead after the first quarter.
The Celtics' hot shooting continued during the second quarter when they knocked down 11-of-20 en route to forging a 57-37 halftime edge.
New Jersey could not get closer than 19 in the third quarter and fell behind by as many as 28 during the period that ended with Boston in front, 80-53.
The Celtics pushed their advantage to as much as 32 during the final 12 minutes.
The Celtics have won both meetings so far this season and five out of six since the start of last year...Boston outscored the Nets, 52-28, in the paint. Ray Allen added 13 points, five boards and four assists in the win...The Nets shot just 37.5 percent from the floor (27-for-72).
- BOSTON: 100
NEW JERSEY: 75
Dec 5 3:23 PM
- BOSTON: 80
NEW JERSEY: 53
End of 3rd
Dec 5 2:48 PM
- BOSTON: 57
NEW JERSEY: 37
Dec 5 2:10 PM
- BOSTON: 27
NEW JERSEY: 25
End of 1st
Dec 5 1:39 PM
- BOSTON: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 5 1:12 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27