Harris leads Nets to win over HawksDec 20, 2010 - 8:00 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Devin Harris had a solid all-around game with 22 points, eight assists and six rebounds to lead the New Jersey Nets past the Atlanta Hawks, 89-82, at Prudential Center.
Brook Lopez tallied 16 points, while Stephen Graham and recently-acquired Sasha Vujacic each scored 10 for the Nets, who had lost nine of 10 coming in.
"It's good to finally get some wins and get these guys' confidence up so we continue to move forward," Harris said.
Mike Bibby ended with 19 points, and Josh Smith and Al Horford each logged 15 points and 10 boards in defeat, Atlanta's third in four games.
"You've got to give them credit," Horford said. "They really came out and just hung in there the whole time and really made big shots down the stretch."
After making 14-of-22 shots in the first quarter, the Hawks shot just 28.8 percent from the field.
The teams traded buckets to start the fourth quarter, keeping the game tied, 64-64, before New Jersey ripped off seven straight points to jump ahead for good.
Troy Murphy's deep jumper three minutes in capped the run, and two Harris free throws pushed the margin to 80-70 with 4:16 to play.
Bibby followed with a three-pointer, only to get answered by a Travis Outlaw make from long range a little later.
The closest the Hawks got from there was 87-82 after two Joe Johnson free throws with 15.2 seconds showing, and Jordan Farmar sealed the win with two at the stripe shortly thereafter.
The Nets trailed 30-23 after the first quarter but held Atlanta to three field goals in the second stanza, allowing them to pull even, 43-43, at the break.
The Hawks, who got 14 points from Johnson, have dropped four straight on the road...The Nets had 32 points in the lane, compared to 22 for Atlanta...The Nets shot 41.7 percent from the floor.
- ATLANTA: 82
NEW JERSEY: 89
Dec 19 3:27 PM
- ATLANTA: 62
NEW JERSEY: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 19 2:49 PM
- ATLANTA: 43
NEW JERSEY: 43
Dec 19 2:10 PM
- ATLANTA: 30
NEW JERSEY: 23
End of 1st
Dec 19 1:36 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 19 1:11 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7