Bulls obliterate SixersDec 22, 2010 - 5:27 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose scored 22 points to go with 12 assists as the Chicago Bulls manhandled the Philadelphia 76ers, 121-76, at United Arena.
Luol Deng also chipped in 22 points and Carlos Boozer contributed a double- double of 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulls, who have won eight of nine. Kurt Thomas finished with 12 points, eight rebounds and five blocks for the victors.
"It was an old fashioned butt kicking," said Sixers forward Elton Brand. "[Chicago] did what ever they wanted to do tonight."
Andre Iguodala led the Sixers with 17 points and Thaddeus Young added 12 points and seven rebounds off the bench for Philadelphia, which has lost two of three.
Rose and Deng scored 11 and 10 points, respectfully, for the Bulls in the first, as they took a 33-19 lead into the second. Chicago expanded its lead to 61-43 at the half behind a 61.1 percent shooting effort in the second quarter.
Chicago took over in the third, capitalizing on a 4-for-17 shooting effort and seven turnovers by the Sixers. The Bulls outscored Philadelphia 31-11 en route to a 92-54 lead entering the fourth.
Both teams removed a majority of their starters in the fourth quarter. The Bulls' lead eclipsed 50 with four minutes left when rarely used reserve man Brian Scalabrine converted a powering dunk to give Chicago a 118-67 lead.
"We played together as a group of guys," stated Boozer. "We came out very focused tonight and played a great game against [the Sixers]. It's a great thing for us to build on in the future."
This was game two of an eight-game road trip for the Sixers, who will also visit Boston, Denver, Golden State, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and New Orleans...Philadelphia shot 35 percent from the field and made only 2-of-15 from beyond the arc...Elton Brand led the Sixers with nine rebounds...The Bulls made 81 percent from the charity stripe and scored 31 points off 18 Philadelphia turnovers...Chicago won the rebounding margin 40-37, and held a 52-26 advantage on points in the paint.
- PHILADELPHIA: 76
Dec 21 10:18 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 54
End of 3rd
Dec 21 9:46 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 43
Dec 21 9:05 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 19
End of 1st
Dec 21 8:35 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 21 8:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14