Horford, Hawks top BucksDec 28, 2010 - 6:03 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Al Horford led a balanced attacked with 18 points and 12 rebounds, as the Atlanta Hawks earned a 95-80 win over the Milwaukee Bucks at the Bradley Center.
Joe Johnson netted 15 points, while Jamal Crawford and Marvin Williams both donated 14 points off the bench for Atlanta, which snapped a five-game road losing streak and have won four of six overall. Josh Smith ended with 13 points and seven boards in the victory.
"We play our best when we're sharing the ball. We're just consistent and solid throughout, and that's what we did tonight," Horford said.
John Salmons finished with 18 points for the Bucks, who saw a brief two-game winning streak come to an end and have dropped four of six. Keyon Dooling had 15 points and nine assists, while Andrew Bogut went for 14 points and 11 rebounds in defeat.
Smith paced the Hawks with eight points in the opening quarter to help his squad grab a 29-18 lead after 12 minutes.
Atlanta extended its lead to 17 at 50-33 after Maurice Evans' layup with 5:34 before the intermission. Salmons closed the scoring with a three-pointer with 1:02 left, but the Bucks still trailed 57-42 heading into the locker room.
Milwaukee put together a 10-3 run in the early stages of the third quarter to get within eight, 63-55, after Salmons drained a pair from the stripe with 6:50 to play in the quarter.
The Bucks got as close as seven with 3:03 to go, but Johnson's jumper put the Hawks ahead 77-67 at the end of three.
Atlanta maintained a double-digit lead for the majority of the fourth quarter en route to the easy victory.
"We weren't aggressive at either end," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "They handled us pretty easy. It was worse than the score appeared."
Atlanta has won seven of the last 10 meetings between the two clubs and improved to 5-18 in its last 23 trips to Milwaukee...The Bucks dropped to 7-7 at the Bradley Center this season...Milwaukee was without forward Drew Gooden (foot)...Jason Collins had 12 rebounds to go with four points for Atlanta.
- ATLANTA: 95
Dec 27 10:19 PM
- ATLANTA: 77
End of 3rd
Dec 27 9:46 PM
- ATLANTA: 57
Dec 27 9:07 PM
- ATLANTA: 29
End of 1st
Dec 27 8:36 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 27 8:12 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7