Mavericks snap skid with win over LakersJan 20, 2011 - 8:53 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Shawn Marion and Jason Terry both supplied 22 points off the bench as the Dallas Mavericks snapped a six-game losing streak with a 109-100 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers at American Airlines Center.
Jason Kidd scored 13 of his season-high 21 points during a game-altering third quarter and dished out 10 assists for Dallas, which hadn't won since January 4 against Portland.
"Guys got after it on both ends of the floor and played hard and it just happened to be against the world champions," Terry said.
Pau Gasol had 23 points and Kobe Bryant added 21 points with 10 assists for the Lakers, who have dropped two of three after posting seven straight wins.
Los Angeles led 31-23 after the opening 12 minutes and extended its advantage to 10 in the second quarter before Dallas pulled to within 56-52 at halftime.
Gasol made a turnaround hook shot to give the Lakers a 62-54 lead early in the third quarter. The Mavericks battled back and went up 70-69 on Kidd's bid from beyond the arc. Sasha Pavlovic knocked down a trey to push Dallas' lead to 82-71 late in the frame.
"We were very disappointed with the way we played," said Los Angeles head coach Phil Jackson. "We thought we should have been up by 16 points in the first half. We let them stay in the ballgame and then they had that third quarter that was really a great finish to it. And they got us on our heels."
Terry hit a three-pointer to widen the gap to 97-81 midway through the fourth quarter. Los Angeles trimmed its deficit to 99-91 on a Lamar Odom three-point play with 4:21 remaining, but Dallas responded with seven straight points to effectively seal the win.
Dirk Nowitzki totaled 14 points and eight rebounds for Dallas, which made a season-high 55 percent of its shots...Odom finished with 20 points and 10 boards...Gasol surpassed 13,000 points for his career...The Mavericks are 18-1 when scoring at least 100 points in a game...Dallas hasn't lost seven straight since February 9-19, 1999...Tyson Chandler returned to the Dallas lineup after missing the last two games due to an illness. He contributed six points and 10 rebounds.
- LOS ANGELES: 100
Jan 19 11:22 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 73
End of 3rd
Jan 19 10:50 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 56
Jan 19 10:04 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 31
End of 1st
Jan 19 9:36 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 19 9:13 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10