Ellis' late jumper lifts Warriors over PacersJan 20, 2011 - 6:24 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Monta Ellis hit a jumper with just 0.6 seconds left as the Golden State Warriors took a 110-108 win over the Indiana Pacers.
Ellis had a game-high 36 points with six assists and five rebounds and David Lee added 21 points and nine boards for the Warriors, who have won three in a row for the second time this season. Dorell Wright added 21 points.
Danny Granger had 32 points, 13 rebounds and six assists for the Pacers, who have dropped their past three games. Tyler Hansbrough added 16 points and five boards in the loss.
With the score tied and 18.1 seconds showing on the clock, Ellis took the inbounds pass and held the ball outside the three-point arc. With time winding down, he drove inside the line, pulled up just outside the paint and buried a jumper with 0.6 seconds left on the clock.
Indiana was unable to get a shot off from the inbounds pass before time expired.
The Pacers held a 29-28 lead after 12 minutes of play and built their advantage to 58-53 going into the halftime break.
Golden State surged ahead in the third and Ellis hit a jumper with under four minutes to play to give the team a 77-69 advantage, but Indiana responded with a 12-0 run as two free throws from Paul George gave the team an 81-77 lead.
Acie Law, though, hit a three-pointer as time expired to cut Indiana's lead to 83-81 heading to the final quarter.
The Pacers held a 105-101 advantage with under three minutes to play after Darren Collison hit a longer jumper, but Lee made two from the line and an Ellis bucket tied the game with 2:03 to play.
Indiana continues its four-game road trip in Portland on Saturday...Golden State hosts Sacramento on Friday...These two teams split the two-game series the previous four seasons...Collison and Mike Dunleavy each had 14 points in defeat...Golden State shot 51.1 percent while Indiana made 45.7 percent of its attempts...The Pacers outrebounded the Warriors, 49-35, but committed 20 turnovers compared to just 12 for the Warriors.
- INDIANA: 108
GOLDEN STATE: 110
Jan 20 1:00 AM
- INDIANA: 83
GOLDEN STATE: 81
End of 3rd
Jan 20 12:17 AM
- INDIANA: 58
GOLDEN STATE: 53
Jan 19 11:33 PM
- INDIANA: 29
GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Jan 19 11:05 PM
- INDIANA: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Jan 19 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20