Nowitzki helps Dallas get past AtlantaJan 30, 2011 - 5:09 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Dirk Nowitzki scored 19 points to lead seven Dallas players in double digits, and the Mavericks ran their winning streak to four games Saturday with a 102-91 victory over Atlanta.
Jason Terry added 18 points and 11 assists off the bench while Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd both scored 12 as Dallas improved to 3-0 on a four-game homestand that ends Monday against Washington.
Joe Johnson scored 27 points to lead the Hawks, who have lost three of their last five. Josh Smith added 17 points in defeat and Jamal Crawford scored 11 as a reserve.
The Mavericks took control of a close game with a 12-0 run early in the fourth quarter.
After Atlanta tied it at 79-79 on a Jeff Teague free throw, Dallas held the Hawks scoreless for more than four minutes during its spurt.
Nowitzki buried a three-pointer, while Shawn Marion and Terry both drained jumpers to cap the run and give the Mavericks a 91-79 lead with 8:07 remaining.
Marion had 10 points in the win -- one of the seven Mavericks players who scored at least that many.
"It's been fun to watch," Nowitzki said of his team's well-rounded scoring effort. "In the second half, we did get stops."
Especially down the stretch.
The Hawks went without a field goal in the fourth quarter until Mike Bibby's three-pointer at the 6:35 mark -- Atlanta's first points since Teague's free throw.
It got the Hawks within nine points, and they would later be as close as six when Johnson's jumper made it 93-87. But Nowitzki countered with two free throws and Atlanta never got that close again.
"I thought the game was going great until the start of the fourth quarter," Johnson said. "It got out of hand early and we never recouped from it."
Dallas held a 28-24 lead after the first quarter and was ahead 52-49 at halftime. Atlanta carried a 78-77 lead into the fourth quarter.
DeShawn Stevenson scored 11 points for Dallas and Brendan Haywood had 10...The Mavs shot 49 percent and the Hawks 46...Atlanta played without forward Marvin Williams, who was suspended two games for fighting with Knicks forward Shawne Williams during a game on Friday.
- ATLANTA: 91
Jan 29 10:54 PM
- ATLANTA: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 29 10:21 PM
- ATLANTA: 49
Jan 29 9:38 PM
- ATLANTA: 45
2nd Quarter - 3:49
Jan 29 9:28 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7