Hamilton returns to help Detroit down BucksFeb 6, 2011 - 6:07 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Tracy McGrady poured in 20 points and Richard Hamilton had a successful return to the court for the Pistons in an 89-78 win over Milwaukee at the Bradley Center.
This was Hamilton's first game since January 10 and he totaled 15 points on 7- of-14 shooting. He missed the previous 13 contests with various ailments.
"I had no idea," Hamilton said about if he was going to play Saturday. "Yesterday I was inactive. I thought that was a sign of my last time ever playing in a Pistons uniform."
Tayshaun Prince tallied 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Pistons, who received 12 points from Ben Gordon.
Andrew Bogut had 18 points and nine boards in Milwaukee's fourth consecutive defeat. Corey Maggette ended with 15 points for the Bucks, who struggled with a 39.2 percent mark from the field. That included a 4-of-17 showing from three-point range. Bogut, who went 8-of-15 from the floor, had missed the last two games due to a sore right knee.
"Our guys are getting a little bit beaten down and we have to battle that," Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "We have to fight that. It's been a long year offensively for the guys so far."
Ersan Ilyasova's layup to start the final quarter had the Bucks within 66-62, but Hamilton canned a 17-foot jumper to begin a 6-0 spurt. Will Bynum added a jumper and a dunk from Greg Monroe provided a double-digit margin. The Pistons pushed the lead to as many as 15 down the stretch.
Maggette scored nine in the opening quarter, but the Pistons held a 26-22 lead after 12 minutes. Detroit started to pull away in the second with Hamilton scoring 11 in the period. His jumper moved the lead to 40-29 with 5 1/2 minutes left and the Pistons went to the half holding a 52-47 lead.
The Bucks lost despite having a 40-24 advantage in points in the paint...Detroit has won eight of its last 11 at Milwaukee...The backcourt duo of Carlos Delfino and Brandon Jennings shot 4-of-18 for the Bucks.
- DETROIT: 89
Feb 5 10:51 PM
- DETROIT: 66
End of 3rd
Feb 5 10:15 PM
- DETROIT: 52
Feb 5 9:36 PM
- DETROIT: 26
End of 1st
Feb 5 9:06 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 5 8:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 24