Kidd, Mavs push past KingsFeb 17, 2011 - 4:41 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Jason Kidd scored 20 points to lead eight players in double figures as Dallas downed Sacramento, 116-100, at American Airlines Center.
Shawn Marion contributed 14 points, six rebounds and five assists while Dirk Nowitzki and Rodrigue Beaubois added 13 apiece for the Mavericks, who have won two straight and 12 out of 13. Dallas sits at 39-16 and in second place behind Southwest Division-leading San Antonio.
"I thought it was, all things considered, pretty solid," Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle said of Beaubois, who played in his first game of the season after breaking his foot while training with the French National team over the summer. "Predictably, there were some ups and downs, but the important thing was he was able to get involved. 21 minutes is good for his first time back and we were able to stagger it over three or four stretches of the game."
Jermaine Taylor scored 17 points while DeMarcus Cousins scored 16 points, pulled down 12 rebounds and handed out four assists for the Kings, who have dropped two in a row and seven out of eight heading into the mid-season respite.
Beno Udrih and Donte Greene provided 16 points each for the visitors, who have lost 14 straight visits to Dallas since February 27, 2003. Sacramento heads into the All-Star break at a lowly 13-41.
Trailing 63-53, the Kings scored 15 of the next 20 points to get the game knotted at 68 with just under 7 1/2 minutes to go in the third quarter.
Dallas then erupted for a game-changing 26-6 surge to take a 20-point lead with 71 seconds remaining in the period.
A long Kidd jumper ignited the run and back-to-back triples by Kidd and Beaubois quickly pushed the lead to 10. Kidd had two more trifectas before he and Peja Stojakovic ended the run with consecutive makes from long distance.
Dallas lead 96-76 after three and built its lead to as many as 26 in coasting to a 17th win in the last 19 meetings with the Kings.
"You can't slump off those guys behind the line and at the same time, they're very good at attacking the basket," Sacramento coach Paul Westphal said in describing how difficult it is to defend Dallas. "They're a very, very smart veteran team with great weapons and they're very unselfish, too."
The Mavs made 12-of-21 shots but wound up tied at 25 after the first 12 minutes as Taylor scored 12 on 5-of-7 shooting from the floor.
Dallas went on a 13-4 run to take a 48-37 lead with 6:22 to go before halftime and took a 61-48 advantage into the intermission with the help of 36 points off the bench.
Kidd finished 7-of-9 from the floor with six makes from beyond the arc...Dallas hit 13-of-26 three-point tries while Sacramento connected on 4- of-8...Stojakovic, Jason Terry and Brendan Haywood all scored 12 points in the win, the Mavericks ninth in a row over the Kings...Dallas shot only six free throws, making three...The Kings were 26-of-34 at the line...Samuel Dalembert totaled 10 points, nine rebounds and four assists in the loss...Carl Landry chipped in with nine points and seven boards for the Kings...Sacramento guard Tyreke Evans missed the game due to planter fasciitis.
- SACRAMENTO: 100
Feb 16 10:50 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 76
End of 3rd
Feb 16 10:16 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 48
Feb 16 9:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 25
End of 1st
Feb 16 9:03 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 16 8:42 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26