Taylor shines as Sacramento stuns MagicFeb 24, 2011 - 6:24 AM Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Jermaine Taylor dropped in a career-high 21 points to lead Sacramento to an unlikely 111-105 victory over Orlando at Amway Center.
Beno Udrih provided 18 points and 10 assists, while Jason Thompson and Samuel Dalembert added 17 points apiece for the Kings, who dropped a 20-point decision at Miami on Tuesday.
Dwight Howard put up 31 points and 17 rebounds for Orlando, which had won four of five entering the All-Star break but shot just 8-of-28 from three-point range on Wednesday.
"I'm not happy with anything other than Dwight right now," said Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy. "I'm just not happy with anything. Everything I look at on here, on the stat sheet, is just not good."
With under 3 1/2 minutes remaining, Dalembert broke a 98-98 tie on a hook shot, then followed a Ryan Anderson missed three-pointer with a layup.
Jameer Nelson put in two free throws and a jumper around an Udrih basket to keep Orlando within one possession, but the Kings closed the game out at the free throw line.
Thompson made two from the stripe with 48.9 seconds left for a 106-102 lead, Luther Head added a jumper and Udrih sealed it with two freebies with 15.1 ticks showing.
"In the fourth quarter our execution was excellent. We made some big shots, got some big stops. We're going away happy," said Kings head coach Paul Westphal.
The Kings led 31-25 after 12 minutes, but Orlando came back strong in the second frame to take a 61-58 edge into halftime.
The Magic went up by as many as 12, 78-66, following Jason Richardson's alley- oop dunk with 4 1/2 minutes left in the third.
Sacramento answered with an 11-2 run and was within 84-79 heading to the fourth.
Orlando had won five straight against the Kings...Hedo Turkoglu and Nelson netted 19 and 15 points, respectively, for Orlando...Omri Casspi had 13 points in the win.
- SACRAMENTO: 111
Feb 23 9:33 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 79
End of 3rd
Feb 23 8:51 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 58
Feb 23 8:10 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 31
End of 1st
Feb 23 7:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 23 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28