Rockets roll to another win over New JerseyFeb 27, 2011 - 5:09 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Kevin Martin finished with a game-high 30 points as the Houston Rockets continued their dominance of New Jersey, topping the Nets, 123-108, at Toyota Center.
Chase Budinger added 27 points while Luis Scola contributed 23 points and seven rebounds for Houston, which has won three in a row since returning from the All-Star break. Kyle Lowry and Courtney Lee both finished with 10 points for the victors.
"It was a good win," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "We came out with a lot of energy and we defended them better after the second quarter. We were kind of up and down the whole first quarter, but offensively we were pretty good all night long."
The Rockets have won nine straight against the Nets and 13 of the last 15 meetings between the two teams.
Brook Lopez led the Nets with 21 points while Deron Williams added 15 points and a season-high 17 assists in his second game with New Jersey. Ben Uzoh added a season-high 18 points in a reserve role for the Nets, who have lost five straight and eight of their last ten games.
"Our defense has taken a significant step backwards," Nets coach Avery Johnson said. "We have to get on the same page as a team. We don't have chemistry as our guys haven't played together."
Scola and Budinger finished with 10 and nine points, respectively, in the first quarter as the Rockets jumped out to an early 37-33 lead after the fast paced opening 12 minutes.
Budinger, who moved into the starting lineup since the departure of Shane Battier to Memphis, came alive in the second quarter. He led all scorers with 10 points, making 3-of-5 from the field and 3-of-4 from the line. The Rockets shot 10-of-21 from the field, widening their lead to 71-58 entering the locker room.
Martin added 10 in the third quarter as the Rockets came one-point shy of eclipsing the 100-point mark, taking a 99-82 lead into the final stanza. Uzoh scored 14 of his 18 points in the fourth, however, the Rockets early lead was too much to overcome as Houston cruised to the convincing victory.
The Nets capped a three-game road trip 0-3...New Jersey will return home for a seven-game homestand that will feature visits from Phoenix, Toronto, Golden State, LA Clippers, Boston and Chicago...Williams' 17 assists set a Toyota Center record...The Rockets are now 16-13 at home this season.
- NEW JERSEY: 108
Feb 26 10:57 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 82
End of 3rd
Feb 26 10:27 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 58
Feb 26 9:40 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 33
End of 1st
Feb 26 9:06 PM
- NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 26 8:41 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26