Ellis and Curry lead Warriors past CavsMar 9, 2011 - 5:09 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry combined for 47 points, 14 rebounds and 13 assists to pace Golden State to a 95-85 win over Cleveland at Quicken Loans Arena.
Ellis had 24 points, seven rebounds and seven assists while Curry totaled 23, seven and six for the Warriors, who improved to 2-4 on a seven-game road trip. David Lee added 14 points and 14 boards for the victors.
Baron Davis scored 19 points off the bench to lead the Cavaliers, who have dropped four of five overall.
"I don't think we're playing with a purpose," Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott. "We're just out there playing basketball. We're not playing with energy."
Golden State took over in the third quarter, using a 13-1 run to turn a one- point lead into a 13-point cushion. Curry scored six during the five-minute stretch, capping it with a jumper for a 62-49 advantage midway through.
The Cavs trailed, 76-65, heading to the fourth and pulled within 78-74 on a Christian Eyenga alley-oop slam four minutes in, but the Warriors scored the next nine points to win going away.
Ekpe Udoh's jumper made it 87-74 with six minutes left, and the closest Cleveland got from there was eight.
"We knew that they were going to make a run and we just countered back with a little run of our own and we finished the game out," Lee said.
The teams changed roles in the first half, as Cleveland used a late run in the first quarter to take a 30-18 lead, while Curry's 10 points in the second frame helped stake the visitors to a 47-46 halftime edge.
Cleveland turned the ball over 19 times, leading to 21 points the other way...The Cavs shot 37 percent overall, compared to Golden State's 45 percent efficiency...Ellis hit 6-of-9 from three-point range.
- GOLDEN STATE: 95
Mar 8 9:17 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 76
End of 3rd
Mar 8 8:49 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 47
Mar 8 8:09 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 18
End of 1st
Mar 8 7:38 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 8 7:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Cavaliers-Raptors Preview May 23
- Physical intensity picks up between Cavaliers and Raptors May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Cavs' Jones suspended; Raptors coach Casey fined May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions May 22
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with 99-84 win May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 21