Thunder dominate lowly CavsMar 13, 2011 - 10:29 PM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Russell Westbrook scored 20 points and Kevin Durant posted 19, as Oklahoma City trounced Cleveland, 95-75, at Quicken Loan Arena.
James Harden donated 16 points off the bench for the Thunder, who have won three in a row and six of seven overall. Nazr Mohammad had 11 points, while Serge Ibaka notched eight points and 14 rebounds.
Daniel Gibson had 13 points for the Cavaliers, who have dropped four in a row. Samardo Samuels had 10 points and 10 rebounds, while J.J. Hickson chipped in eight points and 15 boards in the loss.
"On a more serious note, (I am) really starting to question what type of heart we have as a basketball team," Cavs head coach Byron Scott said. "If you are a competitor, no matter what the situation is or what the year has brought, you are going to come and compete every single night and we have not done that the last two games."
It was OKC's thunderous defense that shined in the first quarter, holding the Cavs to 14 points and 25 percent shooting. Durant posted 10 points to give the Thunder a nice 29-14 lead after 12 minutes.
"We had the commanding lead and we were playing defense," Durant said.
The Thunder continued to roll and opened the second quarter with 8-4 run to push it to 37-18 following Harden's two free throws. Mohammad's mid-range jumper then made it a 20-point game just under five minutes to play.
The Cavs made a late push, scoring seven of the last 11 points of the half, with Anthony Parker draining a three with time running out to make up a 50-38 deficit at the half.
However, the visitor's lead never dipped under 10 in the second half while the margin ballooned to as much as 28 in the fourth quarter.
The Thunder cruised to the easy win, sitting their starters for most of the final frame.
The Thunder shot 45.2 percent from the field, while holding the Cavs to 33.8 percent...Cleveland turned the ball over 18 times, creating 22 OKC points...OKC swept the season series.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 95
Mar 13 3:15 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 75
End of 3rd
Mar 13 2:47 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 50
Mar 13 2:05 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 29
End of 1st
Mar 13 1:36 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 13 1:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Cavaliers-Raptors Preview May 23
- Physical intensity picks up between Cavaliers and Raptors May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Cavs' Jones suspended; Raptors coach Casey fined May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with 99-84 win May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21