Nowitzki, Mavericks rally past WarriorsMar 17, 2011 - 7:10 AM Dallas Mavericks rallied past the Golden State Warriors, 112-106.
Jason Terry had 19 points and Rodrigue Beaubois added 18 for the Mavericks, who overcame an 18-point first-quarter deficit to snap a two-game skid.
"We've struggled since the break against teams that are right there in contention for championships. It's a measuring stick for us," Terry said.
Monta Ellis finished with 26 points and 11 assists for Golden State, which has dropped three of five. David Lee registered 22 points and nine rebound in a losing effort.
Golden State began the game on a 10-0 run and led 32-14 on a Andris Biedrins dunk with 2:44 remaining in the first quarter. Although the Warriors shot a sizzling 79 percent (15-of-19) during the first 12 minutes, the Mavericks were down only nine points.
The Warriors pushed their lead back to 18 at 48-30 when Acie Law made 1-of-2 free throws with 8:16 remaining. Once again, Dallas managed to trim its deficit to single digits, closing the gap to 57-53 in the late stages of the opening half. Ellis hit a pair from the foul line to give Golden State a six- point lead at the break.
Dallas grabbed its first lead of the game at 73-72 with 3:12 to play in the third quarter, and the teams were locked at 81 entering the final frame.
Down 96-89, Nowitzki hit a jumper to ignite a 15-0 run and capped it with another basket to put the Mavericks up 104-96 with 3:10 remaining. Golden State was never closer than five the rest of the way.
"It was tough. We should have had that game," Ellis said. "I take the blame. I made some mistakes at the end, turned the ball over and didn't hit the shots I needed too. I also waited too long to get everybody involved at the end of the game."
Shawn Marion scored 14 points and Tyson Chandler supplied 13 points with nine rebounds for Dallas, which shot 65 percent in the fourth quarter...Law totaled 15 points and six assists...The Mavericks improved to 10-1 against the Pacific Division this season.
- DALLAS: 112
GOLDEN STATE: 106
Mar 17 1:13 AM
- DALLAS: 81
GOLDEN STATE: 81
End of 3rd
Mar 17 12:33 AM
- DALLAS: 53
GOLDEN STATE: 59
Mar 16 11:47 PM
- DALLAS: 25
GOLDEN STATE: 34
End of 1st
Mar 16 11:12 PM
- DALLAS: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 16 10:49 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20