Durant hurts shoulder in Thunder's win over BobcatsMar 19, 2011 - 3:04 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant scored 25 points before leaving the game late in the fourth quarter, as the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Charlotte Bobcats, 99-82.
Durant was hurt when he ran into teammate James Harden while fighting through a pick with 1:40 remaining in the contest. Durant seemed to be holding his left shoulder as he went to the locker room.
Following the game, Durant said he was taken out of the game for precautionary reasons.
Harden added 21 points off the bench for the Thunder, who have won six in a row and nine of 10 overall. Russell Westbrook donated 18 points and seven assists.
Stephen Jackson finished with 18 points for the Bobcats, who have lost two straight and eight of 10. Boris Diaw had 13 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Thunder held a 26-18 edge after 12 minutes of action, but the Bobcats came back in the second to cut their deficit to 45-43 at the break.
Holding a 61-59 lead with 4:15 left in the third, Oklahoma City closed out the frame on a 13-6 run. Westbrook tallied six points during the surge, which Nazr Mohammed capped with a hook shot for a 74-65 edge moving to the fourth.
Charlotte chipped away at its deficit and got within two, 81-79, on D.J. White's layup with 6:51 to play.
But Durant sparked a 15-0 run with a fade away. Westbrook and Durant each tallied six points during the surge, which the latter capped with two free throws for a 96-79 margin.
The Thunder took both meetings from Charlotte this season...Oklahoma City started a six-game homestand on Friday...The Thunder are 12-0 this season when holding the opposing team to fewer than 90 points....Durant played in the 300th game of his career...Oklahoma City is 22-6 against the East this year...Serge Ibaka tallied 12 points, 13 rebounds and five blocks for the Thunder, who shot 52.8 percent from the field.
- CHARLOTTE: 82
OKLAHOMA CITY: 99
Mar 18 10:20 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 65
OKLAHOMA CITY: 74
End of 3rd
Mar 18 9:46 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 43
OKLAHOMA CITY: 45
Mar 18 9:08 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 18
OKLAHOMA CITY: 26
End of 1st
Mar 18 8:35 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 18 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19