Rose, Bulls finish strong against BucksMar 27, 2011 - 5:41 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Derrick Rose continued his case for MVP, finishing with 30 points and a career-high 17 assists in the Bulls' 95-87 comeback victory over the Milwaukee Bucks at a raucous Bradley Center.
Rose scored eight points and assisted on the other two baskets during a game- ending 12-0 run that cemented Chicago's fourth straight win and completed a season sweep of its Central Division rival.
Carlos Boozer chipped in 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Joakim Noah added for 12 and 11 in the victory, which gives the Bulls a 2 1/2-game edge over Boston for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
"I can't complain about anything right now," Rose said. "Things are going good for us. You can feel the vibe in the locker room. We're rolling."
John Salmons scored 25 points and Carlos Delfino netted 23 for Milwaukee. The Bucks' second loss in three games has them two back of the Indiana Pacers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the East.
The boisterous crowd saw Rose take over in the final three minutes. The dynamic point guard sank two free throws and dished to Noah for a dunk to tie the game, 87-87, with 2:28 remaining.
His runner the next time down gave the Bulls their first lead of the game. Both Salmons and Delfino missed on the ensuing possession, and Rose followed with a leaner at the foul line with 68 seconds to go.
Brandon Jennings was off the mark for the Bucks, who failed to hit a field goal in the final five minutes. Rose added a jumper with under a minute left, and capped the amazing finish with an assist to Ronnie Brewer.
"We didn't convert down the stretch. We had the game won," Jennings said.
The Bucks held a 25-21 lead after the first period, were up 48-44 at the break and led by as many as 15 in the third.
Salmons capped off a personal 8-0 run with a fadeaway for a 60-45 lead with 7:44 remaining in the third, but the Bulls scored the final six points in the frame to pull within 74-69.
The last time the Bulls swept the season series was the 2006-07 season...Rose's previous career high in assists was 14 against the Knicks earlier this season...Chicago held a 47-37 rebounding advantage...Jennings had 13 points on 5-of-15 shooting.
- CHICAGO: 95
Mar 26 10:53 PM
- CHICAGO: 69
End of 3rd
Mar 26 10:19 PM
- CHICAGO: 44
Mar 26 9:36 PM
- CHICAGO: 21
End of 1st
Mar 26 9:04 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 26 8:42 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13