Thunder top Kings, win fifth straightApr 12, 2011 - 6:55 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook scored 32 and 30 points, respectively, as the playoff-bound Oklahoma City Thunder held off the Sacramento Kings, 120-112.
Westbrook also dished out nine assists and pulled down six rebounds for the Thunder, who sit fourth in the Western Conference. Oklahoma City is a half- game behind the idle Lakers for the No. 3 seed.
"Our toughness is much better," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "We're mentally tough and we're getting physically tough."
Serge Ibaka tallied 14 points, eight boards and six blocks the Thunder, who have won five in a row. James Harden donated 12 points and six rebounds off the bench.
DeMarcus Cousins finished with a career-high 30 points and nine rebounds for the Kings, who have lost three of four. Cousins went 18-of-21 from the foul line en route to setting a Sacramento-era rookie record.
"I was really surprised and never expected it but it worked out for me," Cousins said.
Marcus Thornton and Beno Udrih each had 21 points in defeat.
A tight first quarter ended with the Thunder holding a 24-20 edge.
The Kings outscored Oklahoma City, 37-27, in the second stanza to take a 57-51 margin into the locker room.
But, the Thunder used a 36-26 scoring advantage in the third to build an 87-83 lead.
Oklahoma City opened the fourth on a 14-6 run to open a double-digit margin. James Harden tallied eight points during the burst, which Eric Maynor capped with a bank shot for a 101-89 lead with 8:56 to go.
The Kings got within five multiple times down the stretch, but the Thunder made their foul shots to secure the victory.
Oklahoma City took all four games from Sacramento this season. The Thunder have won six straight in the series...Kings guard Tyreke Evans (ankle) missed the game...The Kings went 38-of-42 from the foul line...Oklahoma City shot 57.3 percent from the field.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 120
Apr 12 12:34 AM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 87
End of 3rd
Apr 11 11:53 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 51
Apr 11 11:07 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 24
End of 1st
Apr 11 10:36 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 11 10:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19