Thunder lose to Bucks in OT, settle for fourth seedApr 14, 2011 - 6:36 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Brandon Jennings scored 16 points and John Salmons chipped in 15 as the Milwaukee Bucks came from behind to win in overtime, 110-106, against Oklahoma City.
Ersan Ilyasova chipped in 14 points for the Bucks, who finished the season with three straight wins. However, Milwaukee (35-47) failed to make the playoffs this season after securing the East's sixth seed last season.
Russell Westbrook scored 20 points and Kevin Durant added 14 points for the Thunder, who sat their starters for most of the fourth quarter and the entire overtime.
Oklahoma City (55-27), the Northwest Division champion, is heading to the playoffs as the fourth seed and will host the division rival Denver Nuggets beginning on Sunday.
Despite a late push that gave the Bucks a 46-43 edge at the end of the first half, Oklahoma City took control in the third.
Westbrook's steal and dunk pushed the lead to 66-55 with just over four minutes left in the third. The lead stayed around double digits through the rest of the quarter and the Thunder took a 74-64 lead to the fourth.
The Thunder sat their starters for all of the quarter for much-needed rest before the playoffs. But reserves did make it interesting, as the Bucks tied the game at 96 with 23.1 seconds left, when Salmons made 3-of-3 free throws to end a nine-point burst.
Jennings scored the Bucks' final 10 points of the extra session -- matching the Thunder's output by himself -- to help Milwaukee win the game.
Holding a 21-16 edge after the first, the Thunder expanded the lead to 11 in the second quarter.
However, the Bucks went on a 15-1 run at the end of the half to reclaim the lead. Salmons capped the stretch with a pullup jumper to give Milwaukee the lead at intermission.
The Bucks had lost 17 of the past 19 road tilts with the Seattle/Oklahoma City franchise...OKC hung its 2010-11 Northwest Division Champions banner before the game...The Thunder outrebounded the Bucks, 52-34.
- MILWAUKEE: 110
OKLAHOMA CITY: 106
Final - OT
Apr 13 10:30 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 96
OKLAHOMA CITY: 96
End of Regulation
Apr 13 10:14 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 64
OKLAHOMA CITY: 74
End of 3rd
Apr 13 9:43 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 46
OKLAHOMA CITY: 43
Apr 13 9:06 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 16
OKLAHOMA CITY: 21
End of 1st
Apr 13 8:35 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 13 8:14 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19