Big third quarter leads Rockets past PacersOct 10, 2010 - 2:00 AM
The Rockets broke from a 57-54 halftime lead with an 18-8 run led by Brooks and Kevin Martin. Houston outscored the Pacers 33-15 in the third quarter and Indiana didn't score in the final 2:34 of the period.
Martin finished with 16 points, Chase Budinger had 15, Courtney Lee 12 and Yao Ming 10 for the Rockets.
Roy Hibbert led the Pacers with 17 points and Danny Granger added 16.
Yao continued working back into shape after missing all of last season following surgery to repair a broken bone in his left foot. He has played 12 minutes in each of the Rockets first three preseason games.
The Rockets got the early lead and didn't trail until Jeff Foster hit the first basket of the second quarter. The Pacers led 48-44 with 5 minutes remaining in the half, but Houston regained the lead on consecutive baskets by Budinger, Lee and Scola and took a three-point edge into the break.
Notes: Kyle Lowry has a bone bruise in his right knee and sat out for the Rockets. The Rockets came from behind to beat San Antonio on Thursday. Houston rallied to win 15 games last season. ... Indiana held its last 17 opponents to an average of 99.8 points last season and had not yielded 100 points in it first two preseason games. T.J. Ford (strained right hamstring) and Josh McRoberts (sore neck) missed the game for the Pacers.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
INDIANA 29 25 15 23 92
HOUSTON 30 27 31 36 126 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: IND - ROY HIBBERT 17, DANNY GRANGER 16,
A.J. PRICE 14
HOU - LUIS SCOLA 23, AARON BROOKS 17,
KEVIN MARTIN 16
Oct 9 9:22 PM
HOUSTON 90 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 9 8:52 PM
HOUSTON 57 HALFTIME
Oct 9 8:09 PM
HOUSTON 30 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 9 7:40 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2