Denver beats Oklahoma City, 130-115Oct 20, 2010 - 3:43 AM DENVER (AP) -- Arron Affalo scored 22 points and Carmelo Anthony added 21 points and nine rebounds to lead the Denver Nuggets to a 130-115 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night.
JR Smith also had 21 points, hitting five 3-pointers for Denver (4-2). Reserve Ty Lawson chipped in 18 points, while Chauncey Billups had 15 points and eight assists.
Jeff Green led Oklahoma City with (3-3) with 29 points. James Harden and Byron Mullens had 14 points each.
Harden was 12-for-14 from the free throw line. DJ White added 12 points.
The Nuggets took a 96-82 lead into the fourth quarter. Elijah Millsap's two free throws got Oklahoma City as close as 114-105 with 5:42 left, but not closer.
Reserve Renaldo Balkman put the game away with a pair of dunks that made it 123-107.
Notes: Thunder coach Scott Brooks said before the game that he was giving Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook the night off. ... G James Harden was stunned, but unhurt after a first quarter collision with Nene of the Nuggets. ... Reserve center Chris Anderson (right patella tendon knee surgery) would return some time in November. He didn't predict when starting forward Kenyon Martin (left patella tendon knee surgery). Carmelo Anthony was back in the lineup after being a healthy scratch the two previous games.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
OKLAHOMA CITY 35 30 17 33 115
DENVER 35 33 28 34 130 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: OKC - JEFF GREEN 29, JAMES HARDEN 14, BYRON
DEN - ARRON AFFLALO 22, CARMELO ANTHONY 21,
J.R. SMITH 21
Oct 19 11:31 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY 82
DENVER 96 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 19 11:00 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY 65
DENVER 68 HALFTIME
Oct 19 10:17 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY 35
DENVER 35 END, 1ST QTR
Oct 19 9:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19