Brandon Roy scores 23 points for Trail BlazersOct 22, 2010 - 4:54 AM
Portland outrebounded Denver 47-35 to help the Blazers finish the preseason 3-4. Denver (4-3) has one preseason game remaining, Friday night in Phoenix.
Roy, playing 43 minutes, was 6 of 20 from the field, but was 9 of 10 on free throws. Aldridge went 6 of 10 from the field and grabbed nine rebounds in 38 minutes.
Marcus Camby had 17 rebounds for Portland.
Carmelo Anthony led Denver with 21 points, going 6 of 23 from the field. Arron Afflalo scored 14 points, and Ty Lawson had 11.
Denver started strong, outscoring Portland 18-10 in the first 8 minutes. The Blazers slowly rallied, getting their first lead early in the second quarter at 27-26 on Roy's 3-pointer. Portland led 46-43 at halftime.
The Blazers began to take over after the break, when hey outscored Denver 13-2 during the first 6:23 of the third quarter to take a 59-45 lead. But Denver hit eight consecutive free throws and went on a 10-0 run to make the game interesting going into the fourth quarter.
Portland led by as many as 12 points during the fourth quarter, but Anthony scored seven consecutive points to help pull the Nuggets to 83-81 with 3 minutes remaining. Camby hit two free throws and Rudy Fernandez made a 3-pointer in the final 90 seconds for Portland.
NOTES: Denver exercised the third-year option on Lawson. Acquired from Minnesota during the 2009 NBA draft, Lawson averaged 8.3 points and 3.1 assists during his 65-game rookie season. The last time Portland had a losing preseason record was 2006-07, when the Blazers were 2-6. Denver hasn't had a losing preseason record since 2002-03, when the Nuggets were 1-7. ... The Blazers will open the season at home Tuesday night against Phoenix. The Nuggets will start Wednesday night at home against Utah.
PORTLAND 90 FINAL
Oct 22 12:31 AM
PORTLAND 65 END, 3RD QTR
Oct 21 11:57 PM
PORTLAND 46 HALFTIME
Oct 21 11:10 PM
END 1ST QTR 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
DENVER 22 22
PORTLAND 20 20 END 1ST QTR
HIGH SCORERS AFTER 1ST QUARTER
DEN - SHELDEN WILLIAMS 6, CARMELO ANTHONY 5,
TWO PLAYERS WITH 4
POR - ANDRE MILLER 8, LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE 6,
THREE PLAYERS WITH 2
Oct 21 10:36 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11