Durant, Westbrook star as Thunder throttle KingsApr 14, 2012 - 6:53 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant had 29 points and nine rebounds, while Russell Westbrook added 22 points, six rebounds and five assists as the Oklahoma City Thunder routed the Sacramento Kings, 115-89, on Friday.
Derek Fisher netted 14 points off the bench for Oklahoma City, which has won three of its last four contests on the heels of a three-game losing streak.
The Thunder moved a game ahead of idle San Antonio for the top seed in the Western Conference.
"That team is a very good offensive rebounding team," Durant said of the Kings. "I think our bigs did a good job on them...We got a good win. We needed this one."
Isaiah Thomas scored 21 points to pace the Kings, who have dropped seven consecutive games.
The Thunder took a 23-21 lead after a quarter of play, but dominated the second frame to take control of the contest. They shot 15-of-20 in the quarter, led by Durant's nine points.
"You've got to match their physicality. You've got to match it, and if you don't match it, you're going to be pushed all over the floor," Kings head coach Keith Smart said. "And we didn't do that, so the tone was set early in the game.
After Travis Outlaw's trey pulled the Kings within 36-33 midway through the stanza, the Thunder closed the half on a 22-6 run.
Durant netted seven points, while Westbrook added six during the surge as Oklahoma City took a commanding 58-39 advantage into the locker room
The Thunder were up 86-63 after three and led by as many as 32 in the final quarter.
Durant committed seven of Oklahoma City's 14 turnovers...Sacramento is 0-6 all-time against the Thunder in Oklahoma City...The Thunder outrebounded the Kings, 58-41.
- SACRAMENTO: 89
OKLAHOMA CITY: 115
Apr 13 10:19 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 63
OKLAHOMA CITY: 86
End of 3rd
Apr 13 9:49 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 39
OKLAHOMA CITY: 58
Apr 13 9:07 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 21
OKLAHOMA CITY: 23
End of 1st
Apr 13 8:38 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 13 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19