Westbrook lifts Thunder over MavericksFeb 2, 2012 - 6:28 AM
Kevin Durant totaled 23 points and 13 rebounds, while Serge Ibaka blocked 10 shots and pulled down 11 boards for Oklahoma City, which was coming off a 112-100 loss against the Clippers on Monday.
Jason Terry netted 25 points to lead the Mavs, who got 12 points apiece from Shawn Marion and Brandan Wright.
Dirk Nowitzki shot just 2-for-15 from the field and posted eight points and eight rebounds in the loss, Dallas' second over the last eight games.
Dallas shot 3-of-19 in the third quarter and watched a three-point halftime lead turn into a five-point deficit, 71-66, entering the fourth.
The Thunder led by as many as 10 in the final frame, but held just a two-point lead, 81-79, after Marion tipped in a Rodrigue Beaubois miss with 4:18 remaining.
Marion tied it at 85-all on a running hook shot in the lane with 2:14 showing, but Oklahoma City scored the next seven points to pull away.
"We're doing a better job of closing out games. You saw that tonight," Westbrook said. "Everybody did a great job of coming out and doing their roles."
Westbrook broke the tie with a pull-up jumper, Durant hit a turnaround the next time down and Westbrook drained a three-pointer over Marion for a 92-85 cushion with 35.9 seconds remaining.
Dallas, which led 29-21 after the first quarter and 52-49 at the break, missed three shots and had two turnovers over the last two minutes.
"They're playing the best right now," Terry said of the Thunder. "For the time being they are the team to beat."
The Thunder lead the season series, 2-1, and host the finale on March 5...James Harden posted 10 points and a game-high nine assists for the Thunder, who owned a 55-44 advantage on the glass...Mavs head coach Rick Carlisle was ejected with 9:34 remaining in the fourth quarter after receiving his second technical foul.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 95
Feb 1 10:43 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 71
End of 3rd
Feb 1 9:59 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 49
Feb 1 9:11 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 21
End of 1st
Feb 1 8:37 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 1 8:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20