Jefferson leads Jazz past BobcatsJan 10, 2013 - 5:03 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Al Jefferson poured in a game-high 26 points and pulled down eight rebounds and Paul Millsap added 19 points as the Utah Jazz stomped the Charlotte Bobcats, 112-102, on Wednesday.
Gordon Hayward chipped in with 14 points, Alec Burks scored 12 and DeMarre Carroll and Derrick Favors added 10 points apiece for the Jazz, winners in four of their last five.
"We have to continue to use this momentum, we have two more tough games (coming up)," Hayward said. "We have to come out with the same energy tonight, do the things we did well and move forward."
Ben Gordon scored 20, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist dropped in 15 and Kemba Walker added 14 points and six assists for the Bobcats, losers in 20 of their last 22 games.
Gerald Henderson and Ramon Sessions also tallied 14 points in the setback.
"We have to pick up our defense," Henderson said "We just gave up too many points and it is tough to try to come back on a team like that."
After trading blows over the opening five minutes, Utah reeled off a 16-6 run to take a 24-14 lead. Charlotte, though, was able to cut it to 27-20 entering the second.
Hakim Warrick's slam capped a 9-0 run in the opening minutes of the second to knot the game at 29-29, but the Jazz countered with a 23-6 swing to go up 52-35 with just over two minutes left in the half.
The teams traded blows until a 6-0 burst from Millsap and Jefferson gave Utah a 63-42 cushion before a pair of Sessions free throws made it 63-44 at the break.
Charlotte opened the second half with a 9-4 run to make it 67-53. Jefferson's layup gave the Jazz a 74-55 lead two minutes later, but the Bobcats used a 11-2 run of their own to cut it to 76-66.
The Jazz closed the frame on a 14-7 burst to take a 90-73 lead into the final quarter.
The Bobcats pulled within 99-87 early in the fourth, but an 11-5 burst pushed the Jazz advantage to 110-92 with just over five minutes to go.
Charlotte failed to get closer than 10 the rest of the way.
The Jazz shot 53.7 percent (44-for-82) from the floor ... Randy Foye and Jamaal Tinsley scored nine points apiece for Utah ... Charlotte outscored the Jazz by a 50-36 margin in the paint ... Warrick had 10 points off the bench for the Bobcats.
- UTAH: 112
Jan 9 9:18 PM
- UTAH: 90
End of 3rd
Jan 9 8:46 PM
- UTAH: 63
Jan 9 8:04 PM
- UTAH: 27
End of 1st
Jan 9 7:34 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Jan 9 7:12 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29