Parker, Duncan lead Spurs past JazzNov 4, 2012 - 3:56 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Tony Parker scored 24 points and handed out 10 assists, while Tim Duncan had a double-double of his own with 19 points and 11 boards in the Spurs' 110-100 victory over the Utah Jazz.
Danny Green chipped in 21 points for San Antonio, which improved to 3-0 for the first time in five years.
"They're a good team and they're a great team in their home building," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said of the Spurs.
Manu Ginobili, after missing the first two games with back spasms, played 15 1/2 minutes and totaled eight points and two assists for the victors.
Mo Williams led the Jazz with 29 points and nine assists, but the Jazz fell for the second time in as many nights after losing at New Orleans on Friday. Paul Millsap donated 17 points and 10 rebounds in defeat.
The Jazz never led, but outscored the Spurs, 35-17, in the third quarter, to tie it, 79-79, heading to the fourth. Williams scored the final 13 points of the quarter, but was held to four in the fourth.
Duncan, Parker and Green each scored on consecutive possessions to turn a three-point lead into a 103-94 advantage with 2:37 to play.
Al Jefferson, who finished with 16 points, stopped the quick run with a jumper, but Duncan grabbed an offensive rebound to extend the Spurs' next touch, and Kawhi Leonard hit a dagger 3-pointer to all but seal the win.
"I thought our guys executed well in the fourth quarter," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said. "I thought our defense overall tightened up."
Green scored 10 points in the first quarter to carry the Spurs to a 28-17 lead, and Duncan beat the halftime buzzer with a jumper for a 62-44 cushion.
Leonard finished with 13 points for the Spurs, who shot 57 percent from the field ... Gordon Hayward netted 15 points for the Jazz ... Utah has lost four straight trips to San Antonio.
- UTAH: 100
SAN ANTONIO: 110
Nov 3 9:48 PM
- UTAH: 44
SAN ANTONIO: 62
Nov 3 9:32 PM
- UTAH: 79
SAN ANTONIO: 79
End of 3rd
Nov 3 9:15 PM
- UTAH: 17
SAN ANTONIO: 28
End of 1st
Nov 3 9:03 PM
- UTAH: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Nov 3 8:40 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12