Jazz down SixersMar 26, 2013 - 5:42 AM Utah Jazz defeated the Philadelphia 76ers 107-91.
Seven Utah players scored in double digits. Derrick Favors had 13 points and 10 rebounds. Al Jefferson, Enes Kanter and Alec Burks scored 12 points apiece and Paul Millsap added 11 for the Jazz, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
The Jazz are one game behind the eighth-seeded Los Angeles Lakers in the Western Conference with 11 games left in the schedule. They play seven of those games at home, where the Jazz are 25-9.
Dorell Wright had a game-high 19 points off the bench for the 76ers, who have lost three of their last four games. Spencer Hawes and Arnett Moultrie both had 14 points and eight rebounds and Damien Wilkins tallied 13 points.
Utah led wire-to-wire in the contest.
The Jazz began the game on a 10-0 run but the 76ers would gradually come back. They cut the deficit to 27-23 entering the second quarter.
Immediately in the second, Hawes sank a pair of free throws and Philadelphia was down by two, 27-25. However, that was as close as the 76ers would reach for the rest of the game.
Utah extended its lead by as much as 18 points late in the stanza before a pair of free throws by Hawes ended the half.
The Jazz had a 58-42 advantage at halftime.
"We're still in the playoff hunt...so we had to get out to a great start," Jefferson said.
Utah continued to shoot efficiently in the third, making 68.8 percent of its shots.
Entering the fourth quarter, the Jazz led 85-68.
By then, both teams gave their bench players playing time with the outcome no longer in doubt.
"We got it handed to us tonight. There's not too much else to say," Hawes said.
Jefferson recorded nine rebounds ... Utah shot 7-of-14 from beyond the arc ... The Jazz outscored the 76ers in the paint 50-38 ... Philadelphia and Utah split the season-series for the third straight season ... The 76ers have lost eight straight games in Salt Lake City.
- PHILADELPHIA: 91
Mar 25 11:20 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 68
End of 3rd
Mar 25 10:48 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 42
Mar 25 10:05 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 23
End of 1st
Mar 25 9:33 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:38
Mar 25 9:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14