Davis leads Timberwolves over BucksOct 12, 2006 - 3:22 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Ricky Davis had his shot in midseason form on Wednesday.
Davis scored 22 points and perennial All-Star Kevin Garnett added 17 as the Minnesota Timberwolves posted a 98-93 triumph over the Milwaukee Bucks in a preseason opener for both clubs.
Known for his athleticism, Davis made 7-of-11 shots, including an impressive 4-of-5 from 3-point range for Minnesota, which shot 48 percent (32-of-66) from the field and forced 27 Bucks' turnovers.
Timberwolves rookie Randy Foye struggled, scoring just four points on 1-of-5 shots in his debut. Foye was taken with the seventh overall pick out of Villanova last June.
Michael Redd scored 20 points and Charlie Villanueva poured in 14 for the Bucks, who shot 36 percent (32-of-66). Villanueva came over from Toronto in an offseason trade for T.J. Ford.
Milwaukee was without Andrew Bogut and Bobby Simmons. Last year's No. 1 selection, Bogut will be out for 6-8 weeks with a leg injury while Simmons sat with a bruised heel.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Minnesota Timberwolves hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president, Scott Layden as GM Apr 20