Garrity carries Magic over HornetsOct 14, 2006 - 3:24 AM OKLAHOMA CITY (Ticker) -- Pat Garrity looked like he was in midseason form.
Garrity had 19 points and seven rebounds and Dwight Howard added 17 and eight as the Orlando Magic posted a 100-85 preseason victory over the New Orleans Hornets.
Garrity's 22-foot jumper with 10:22 remaining in the fourth quarter capped a 15-0 spurt as the Magic took an 81-66 advantage. The 6-9 forward made 7-of-11 shots, including 2-of-4 from 3-point range.
Travis Diener registered 14 points and nine assists and Darko Milicic chipped in 10 points for Orlando, which shot 52 percent (36-of-68) from the field and scored 50 points in the paint.
David West scored 17 points and Desmond Mason contributed 16 for the Hornets, who shot 47 percent (32-of-67).
However, West and newly acquired Tyson Chandler, who came over from the Chicago Bulls during the offseason, both left in the third quarter with sprained ankles and did not return.
The reigning Rookie of the Year, Chris Paul collected four points and nine assists in limited action for the Hornets, who finished six games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference a season ago.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29