Jazz defeat Pacers; lose FisherOct 15, 2006 - 2:33 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Deron Williams was impressive, but it wasn't quite the same for his backcourt mate.
Williams collected 24 points and three steals and Carlos Boozer added 11 points and 14 rebounds as the Utah Jazz posted a 97-84 preseason victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Despite the win, the Jazz suffered a setback to their backcourt when starter Derek Fisher, who was acquired from Golden State via a trade, fell on his back and head on a layup attempt in the first quarter. Fisher was carried off the court and taken to a local hospital for X-rays.
Williams, who shot 8-of-9 from the floor, scored on a layup with 30 seconds remaining in the third quarter that helped create a 13-point bulge for Utah, which shot 43 percent (32-of-73) and survived 28 turnovers.
Al Harrington scored 22 points and Jermaine O'Neal chipped in 17 for the Pacers, who shot 37 percent (23-of-62).
Indiana swingman Stephen Jackson scored six points off the bench. Jackson was seeing his first action this preseason after being arraigned on felony charges of criminal recklessness and misdemeanor counts of battery from an altercation outside a strip club last week. He was booed throughout the contest.
The Jazz were without defensive forward Andrei Kirilenko, who sat out with a lower back problem.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5