Hinrich's Bulls edge Collison's Sonics in Kansas homecomingOct 15, 2006 - 10:51 PM LAWRENCE, Kansas (Ticker) -- Kirk Hinrich and Nick Collison gave the fans a reason to root for both teams.
In his return to the building where he starred for Kansas University for four years, Hinrich scored 11 points as the Chicago Bulls posted a 110-105 overtime win over Collison and the Seattle SuperSonics.
Hinrich and Collison played at Kansas from 1999-2003, leading the Jayhawks to the national championship game as seniors. They both were first-round picks that summer and returned Sunday to Allen Fieldhouse, where they made their names.
Hinrich scored 11 points on 5-of-9 shooting and added four assists. Collison had 12 points on 5-of-9 shooting as well, adding 10 rebounds for the Sonics.
Viktor Khryapa and Tyrus Thomas each had 13 points to lead Chicago. A rookie out of Louisiana State, Thomas tied the game with a jumper with five seconds left in regulation.
Ray Allen scored 22 points and Rashard Lewis added 13 for Seattle.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13
- Ready for the record, Warriors go after 73 wins in finale Apr 13
- Column: Vintage MJ-led Bulls would top Curry's Warriors Apr 13
- 76ers-Bulls Preview Apr 13
- Jimmy Butler scores 23 points as Bulls beat Pelicans 121-116 Apr 12
- Record-tying Warriors win gets 2.6 million viewers on NBA TV Apr 11