Jamison keys third-quarter run as Wizards top BobcatsOct 16, 2006 - 5:32 PM CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- The Washington Wizards made a ton of mistakes, but it was not anything Antawn Jamison couldn't help them overcome.
Jamison sparked a key third-quarter run and the Wizards overcame 26 turnovers to post a 100-91 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats in a preseason matchup.
Charlotte started the second half on an 8-2 run to tie the game, 55-55, but Jamison ignited an 11-0 outburst that gave the Wizards the lead for good.
Jamison, who finished with 22 points, started the run with a 3-pointer with 9:01 left in the quarter and capped it just under two minutes later by connecting again from the arc to give Washington a 66-55 lead.
Undrafted Wizards rookie Donnell Taylor continued his strong preseason with 12 points, his third consecutive 12-point outing.
Gerald Wallace scored 22 points and was the only Bobcat in double figures. Rookie Adam Morrison, the third overall draft selection last June, scored seven points for Charlotte, which shot just 57 percent (20-for-35) from the line.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29